• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension scheme

I don't know if this has already been covered but I was wondering is it possible to change from the new 05 scheme back to the old 75 scheme having taken the new one when offered? I think its not allowed but if anyone knows otherwise that would be great!

Cheers!!

D

DrunkenMonki

They said at the time that you couldn't, can't see why they would change their minds. Why do you want to change? Did you not check it out properly?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
There was a period prior to the Redundancy tranche 3 when those who had been selected could revert back to the old one, but for the rest of us, we all made our decision and have to stick by it.

Whilst not knowing the total pros & cons, my decision was swayed by the fact that only those signed onto age 55 appeared to be switching - the rest were staying put. I stayed put and have not regretted it as I have no desire to be throwing one up and "Sir'ing" some kid young enough to be my son - Young enough to be my younger brother will suffice!