• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension increase 2024

Captain Kirk

Corporal
I cannot find anything that ‘states’ my 05/15 EDPs rise by CPI each year, do we just piggy-back on the State Pension, or is it enshrined in law somewhere? It’s not that long til the September CPI is announced, so just wandering if the triple lock goes how our EDPs will raise.
Even if it is enshrined in law I guess it can be changed; a pal of mine, 57, has been advised to take his lump sum from his railway pensions by his union, as the union believe the tax free element is going to get chopped if another government is formed next year. Totally different pension as ours wasn’t 25% tax free, but very curious for a union to know what’s potentially in the offing.
Perhaps the read across to us could be company and private pensions. I was considering it anyway, for personal wealth (lol) protection, but now it’s more of a priority.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Pension increases are tied to the measure used to increase benefits. As you saw some years ago, the inflation measure was changed from RPI to CPI and that was done by a provision in that year's Finance Act.

You will understand why we were concerned earlier this year when the government were considering NOT increasing benefits by CPI in April 2023.