• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay chits

B

Bafoon

Why do we receive our pay chits so late in the month (sometimes after pay day). I've had the pleasure (ummm) of working with the Navy and they get theirs mid month.

Is it to much to ask to know what we are all getting paid before we get actually get paid :(

H

HilstonPols

surely getting told what we are going to be paid prior to pay day would require an efficient clerical system and staff. <ducks> I mean the civvies!

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
The other half has there's posted to the house through the royal mail, it arrives about a week before I get mine through the usual system. I think maybe they're sat in central registry til they can be ar5ed to deliver them. :confused:

T

Twonston Pickle

I'm of the other half and currently get mine through the Royal Mail to my home address by approx 20th of the month. If it is any consolation though, we will lose that privilige under JPA and we will all get them sent to our work addresses.

matkat

SAC
The paper being in the bank is much more important than the paper telling You it is going to be!! :D

R

Red Flare

I work at a different stn to Bafoon and we don't get ours until pay day. Mind you, it took 9 months for PSF to change my name upon marriage!!! If you get it early at least you have a fighting chance of correcting any errors before the 10th (or whatever PSF decide is the cut-off point at the time) of the month.

P

pilotbaiter

Pay Day

Pay Day

I'd like to know why PMA still need changes by 10th month for them to be included on pay chits that we don't see until 30th. AND WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START PAYING US 4 WEEKLY LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD?

B

Beerofund

Angry man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pilotbaiter said:
I'd like to know why PMA still need changes by 10th month for them to be included on pay chits that we don't see until 30th. AND WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START PAYING US 4 WEEKLY LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD?

From the tone of the thread you have started its obvious you have serious issues with money and pay. Most of the world as you say is actually paid by calendar month and not 4 weeks. I accept that most salaries are paid as equal months and not as a daily rate. If you are a FS, as you claim to be, I don’t think its very clever to bark on about how your personal finances are. Having 150 quid taken from your pay when you have been overpaid should not be an issue of someone in your position. Not a good advert for all the Girls and Boys under your command.

J

Jag Fag

pilotbaiter said:

Both of my parents are teachers, they get paid on the last working day of the month. If you are indeed, a FS - start acting like one. This is he Royal Air Force - NOT the Royal Fair Force.

T

Twonston Pickle

Pilotbaiter,

If it is any consolation, JPA will move to true monthly pay next April. We will receive 12 equal monthly payments a year, still based on our daily pay but more evenly spread. Deductions or reimbursments will still occur in the daily sense though.

I would not be suprised to see many complaints next year as people think their monthly pay has gone down. However, come Feb 07, people will soon realise that you do not have to last 31 days on only 28 days of pay. All change brings risk and whinging.

B

Beerofund

pay chits

pay chits

Jack_The_Ripper said:
Ive still not received mine for November everyone else on the section got
their's on the 5th of December.

Get PSF to do a print out then.
Another 'Top Tip'.......... check your bank balance that could also be a clue to what you've been paid!

There I feel better for telling everyone some basic personal admin skills - pity is was from a techie and not admin type.

Role on JPA!

P

pinkysbrain

psf generally get to know what your pay is by about the 24th of the month so if you haven't had your pay chit, why dont you give them a ring, or is it too much effort for you to do something yourselves. You think your the only ones waiting for JPA? It will be a blessing for us adminners to finally show how efficient the system actually currently works, allbeit the bleating from certain individuals. I understand that in some cases adminers make mistakes, but in the near future you will see what we have to go through to get things sorted, such as spending 45mins on the phone just to get through to the civvies in the call centre at Glasgow just to check that someone has been given the right pay even though weve sent off the inputs 47 times. (Slight exageration but im not kidding this is how it is). So anyway, to all you future JPA victims, good luck, you'll need it!

B

Bluntend

Surely the real victims of JPA will be the adminers ? I'm still not convinced that JPA will be a success, lets face it LITS hasn't exactly worked out that well. Nevertheless, perhaps 45mins on the phone to a civvi in Glasgow is still better than having to wait until the next day because PSF has shut at 1500 for 'Staff Training' (again) :p

S

Standards

Jack_The_Ripper said:
Ive still not received mine for November everyone else on the section got
their's on the 5th of December.

Perhaps you were made redundant!

Standards!

J

Jag Fag

Bluntend said:
LITS hasn't exactly worked out

Don't get me started on LITS/S***TS. If the MOD has purchased a custom made system like LITS we're doomed. It takes my LITS terminal ages to log in (due to the virus killer taking up most of the 64mb of memory). to find that it's 'LITS is TITS'. If JPA has gone the same route the computers need a SERIOUS upgrade instead of the steam-powered crap we have now :(

F

Fablon biff chit

Bluntend said:
Surely the real victims of JPA will be the adminers ? I'm still not convinced that JPA will be a success, lets face it LITS hasn't exactly worked out that well. Nevertheless, perhaps 45mins on the phone to a civvi in Glasgow is still better than having to wait until the next day because PSF has shut at 1500 for 'Staff Training' (again) :p

Ahh, Lost In Time and Space. Never had the pleasure.

But I concur with the Glasgow comment, A simple enquiry into my LSSA has taken 2 days and counting now! Ho hum

Thanks for pointing that out for me I had worked that out for myself.
Just that it happens every month with me going to PSF to complain
and to get said print out.