• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Parking Charge

Has any one out in goat world had any dealings with a company called parking eye just had a letter through the post saying we over stayed in a free car park and they want monney it is not a fine as fines have to go through court I have done some resarch and the common answer seems to be dont contact them and do not pay any one out there had any dealings with these scum bags ??

RANT OVER !!!!!

Last edited:

FootTapper

Sergeant
I had one nearly a year ago from one of the parking companies (motorway services, exceeded 2 hours free) giving me the normal bargain offer if I pay up quick.

Looked it up online and went with feeding the note to the shredder. Had three more and shredded each of those too. Heard nothing for 6 months or so now.

Just had two from parking eye about overstay in South Mimms car park - needless to say the shredder found them nice and tasty as well.

Odie

Sergeant
Unless it's issued by the local authority or Old Bill, ignore it. For a parking "enforcement" firm acting on behalf of a private landowner the best they can go at you for is for Breach of Contract and recoup any losses to the landowner caused by your overstay. In a free car park, because the next person to park in that space wouldn't have had to pay either, the landowners losses amount to the grand sum of £0.00.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I quite like these stats

I quite like these stats

If you can prove your case ignore it unless they take the matter to court and then prove it in court. Members of the British Parking Association issued 1,800,000 'tickets' last year, started small claims proceedings against 845 keepers, actually took 49 cases to court and actually won 29.

Have a read of this then make your mind up

Recently harassed by another firm and binned the letters, as others say unless it's from the Govt ignore it.

fatalbert

SAC
If you can prove your case ignore it unless they take the matter to court and then prove it in court. Members of the British Parking Association issued 1,800,000 'tickets' last year, started small claims proceedings against 845 keepers, actually took 49 cases to court and actually won 29.

Have a read of this then make your mind up

Recently harassed by another firm and binned the letters, as others say unless it's from the Govt ignore it.

busby1971 has given it to you, plain and unvarnished. If a shark-like company can make £60, £70 or more with a cheap proforma letter, a second class stamp and a cheap printer, then they will try. If they only score 10% of the time they will make a killing. Almost anyone can register with the BPA, and they do. Once a BPA member they can access registered keeper addresses (the veneer of officialdom), and then start raking in the money. As busby1971 implies, they hope to scare you into paying.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Was gonna post the same link as Busby did,ignore them all,do not give them a phone number or you'll be plagued by them.Even BBC watchdog had a solicitor on who's advice was to ignore.

fatalbert

SAC
Was gonna post the same link as Busby did,ignore them all,do not give them a phone number or you'll be plagued by them.Even BBC watchdog had a solicitor on who's advice was to ignore.

Thanks spike7451. I didn't see the Watchdog report. They're all opportunistic thieves!

fatalbert

SAC
From my research:

Parking Eye is not registered as a Data Controller with the (Information Commissioners Office) ICO. It means they aren't registered with the ICO for the purpose of car parking management. They may be illegally getting registered user information.

Furthermore: Civil penalties that are not permitted by legislation - PCNs issued by local authorities excepted - are not enforceable, despite what Private Parking Companies (PPCs) claim. They tend to be very creative in what they say to obtain money from unwary motorists. If a PPC operates a Pay & Display car park, the only charges they can legitimately recover from an errant motorist is the parking fee for any period of time a motorist has overstayed. Consumer Protection Law does not allow penalties to be imposed in a consumer contract, as a number of PPCs have found to their cost.

Ive had these on two seperate occasions, I replied to the first arguing the toss, then after a bit of research decided to ignore the letters.

Never heard anything again. **** em!

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
I'd love to put their letter through the shredder and post the remains back to them, with a post-it note saying "What the f*** are you going to do about it"? With a smiley face at the end.

It's sad that a private company is allowed to get away with trying to con people who don't know their rights.

I've just read up about them, if you get the letter never admit to being the driver ever and ignore them. Then there's cock all they can do about it, especially in Scotland where there's no trespass law.

Last edited:

LilStill

Sergeant
Got one from Luton airport a month or two ago, gave it a damned good ignoring then fed it to the shredder after about a month of sitting on it. Not government. Not council. Not police. Ram it.

Be careful if you're driving a hire car through your Travel Cell/ MT. If you're at a secret Northern Scottish GR4 base then the "fine" is paid by accounts then a bill is sent out to the driver concerned getting them to pay up.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Years ago I had to travel from Bruggen to Peterborough to pick up my new car,while at the same time dropping off my old banger at the same garage.
Few weeks later I got summoned to see the discipline section (can't remember what they were called,just they were in a room in SHQ),who had a parking fine sent to me via the Staish,Arrived at the discipline & the SNEC started to give me a bollocking till I pointed out I was back at Bruggen when the offence occured.
Had to get my Sqn Commander to write a letter to whoever the ticket came from enclosing annotated copies of my ferry ticket,car bill of sale ect.
Boss of the garage also got a bollocking off the most senior UK MD of the company who made my car,as my Father was recently retired from the same company as a senior manager in their UK headquarters in Birmingham..:pDT_Xtremez_14:

BillyH

LAC
As you all have over stayed in a car park, at some time or other. Please send me fifty quid by return post.

BillyH:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Be careful if you're driving a hire car through your Travel Cell/ MT. If you're at a secret Northern Scottish GR4 base then the "fine" is paid by accounts then a bill is sent out to the driver concerned getting them to pay up.

Someone should contest this, as its a beach of contact between the driver and land owner not the owner of the vehicle and its a civil matter. Might even be a breach of the DPA if they pass on your details.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Odie

Sergeant
Someone should contest this, as its a beach of contact between the driver and land owner not the owner of the vehicle and its a civil matter. Might even be a breach of the DPA if they pass on your details.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

In addition, they have admitted guilt on someone elses behalf without consulting the person involved thus removing the opportunity to appeal the ticket. The most they should have done is inform the company of the drivers identity and ask them to send all correspondence the driver - who can then ignore it.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
As you all have over stayed in a car park, at some time or other. Please send me fifty quid by return post.

BillyH:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

Or send me Twentyfive Quid and I will ignore BillyH on your behalf :pDT_Xtremez_14: