• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Padlocks

Hi All,

A quick question regarding padlocks. It says "medium" size on the kit list, so I've picked up some 20mm padlocks. Will they be sufficient?

The reason I ask is because I'm assuming they're used to keep lockers shut and without seeing them I don't know how wide the locks are likely to be.

Cheers!
:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Another question about padlocks.

Apparently anything under a shackle diameter of 5mm will not keep the lockers "locked" (something to do with the design of the clasp).

So, I've found a few at B&Q and other places, but a "medium padlock" between 30mm and 50mm all seem to have shackles of 6mm and above.

The Sgt at PRTC did say he looks at these boards, so I'm hoping either he (or someone else in the know) can advise.

The last thing I want to do is turn up with padlocks too small and my belongings/kit can be accessed by anyone. It would be just as embarrassing if I turn up with padlocks too big for the clasp!

Cheers! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Spoke to the nastiest hardest man at RTS @ Halton and he informs me that you should get something with a 6-8mm thickness of bar, preferably combination lock ( no keys to loose) or in his words attempt to hide. I hope this helps.