• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overseas posting

hazza

LAC
I recently applied for the latest trawl of F-35 posts and see myself as the ideal candidate for being selected against the specification; I have been in more than 10 years so likely to be high up the list in terms of attestation date, I have a lot of unexpired service as I have recently signed on as a newish corporal. However, my predicament is that my boss isn't keen on me leaving my current post as it is due to draw down in 2 years. No more people are due to arrive so current manpower will have to suffice. I have spoken to the unit's chief clerk and says my boss does not have a valid reason to block my post. He has accompanied my application with a letter stating that he cannot condone my posting and this tactic has worked for people who have previously tried to leave.

I should state that I can understand his point of view as if one leaves then many will try and he was courteous enough to let me apply, but is there anything I can do to limit the effect my boss's email has in my application? Getting my line manager to send an email isn't really a choice as he isn't in favour of going against the CO so I cannot use him. Could I personally send an email to manning stating my case? Not sure where I can go to aid my cause. Any advice is welcome.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I really don't think sending your own email to Manning will help in the slightest, in fact it'll do more harm than good. Consider this, Manning assign personnel based on Service needs first so the mitigation will have sunk your application.

Chin up though, I applied 3 times before I was successful for the F35 Programme and I'm sure Manning will keep your initial application on file for future reference. Keep your JPA updated to reflect your aspirations and you never know your luck come the time for you to be posted away from your current position.

Those at MCAS Beaufort will be coming back to Marham to set up 617Sqn by 2018. Patuxent River is where the LPT reside and 17(R)Sqn is currently located at Edwards AFB in California so bear this in mind when applying.

Good luck!

hazza

LAC
Spearmint,

This is what I thought but worth asking. My boss did say this, hence him suggesting I submit my application anyway. He has been alright about this but not really the outcome I would want. Nice accompanied tour of the states on the new aircraft would have been nice.

Many thanks.