• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ORMA RAF monthly A

I was. checking my bank balance today a there is a small amount going into it with the reference ORMA RAF monthly A. I have been out for 16 months and have not seen this before and it's not on my pension payment date. Does anyone know what it is.
Thanks

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Never heard of it but expect a letter in 10 years asking for it back :)

Last edited:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Do you pay tax on your pension?

Since leaving, do you have another job, which you use all, or most of your tax allowance for?

If yes to both, have you had a spell recently where you have changed jobs and haven't been earning anything other than your pension?

If the answer is yes to all these, then it may be a tax rebate.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Do you pay tax on your pension?

Since leaving, do you have another job, which you use all, or most of your tax allowance for?

If yes to both, have you had a spell recently where you have changed jobs and haven't been earning anything other than your pension?

If the answer is yes to all these, then it may be a tax rebate.
Wouldn't a tax rebate would be prefixed HMRC?

All the tax rebates I have ever had have been paid be cheque.

Wouldn't a tax rebate would be prefixed HMRC?

All the tax rebates I have ever had have been paid be cheque.

I recently applied for the Married Person's Allowance and my pension was increased by £200 for 1 month and subsequent pension payments will increase by just under £20.

Robby

Corporal
Same here

Same here

I have also had a small additional payment but no idea why, I left 18 months ago and have also been employed since leaving - Confused.com but for such a small figure (less that the price of a pint) I wont lose sleep over it.

I have also had a small additional payment but no idea why, I left 18 months ago and have also been employed since leaving - Confused.com but for such a small figure (less that the price of a pint) I wont lose sleep over it.

I've also had this a few days ago, just under a tenner.

I left in Oct 2015, been working in the same job ever since, been getting my pension (although my tax was all over the place for a few months at first- since stabilised).

The title of the reference suggests it's a monthly thing... I don't mind someone giving me a free tenner every month, but I'd actually like to know who it is...

steve W

LAC
I know this is a very old thread but, Last month I had £209.22 paid into my bank with the similar ORMS RAF MNTHLY A reference.
Did anyone get to the bottom of these payment?. Because I have no idea.

sue ah

LAC
Similar here too Steve, did you ever find out what it was and are you still getting it? - I've just got notification that I will get a payment of £295.54 and the reference Prmk RAF Mnthly A. On completely different day to pension and bank couldn't help. Tried calling pensions but gave up after 30 mins wait. I left 14 months ago.

Similar here too Steve, did you ever find out what it was and are you still getting it? - I've just got notification that I will get a payment of £295.54 and the reference Prmk RAF Mnthly A. On completely different day to pension and bank couldn't help. Tried calling pensions but gave up after 30 mins wait. I left 14 months ago.
Just found the same on my bank balance today. Left Jan 2020, nice extra 320 before Xmas though

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Maybe it's related to Techie Pay, ie the Supplememt given for those that can count into double digits....

raftaff41

LAC
Has anyone found out what this is yet? Just had it on my bank statement today. Mine says ORMG RAF MNTHLY A and it was a couple of hundred pounds. been out 12 months after 22 yrs.

Asoaf

LAC
It's an adjustment to your pension payment. When you initially leave they make a bit of a guess of your last year's salary because they don't have all the information at that point.
I'm sure if I'm wrong someone with proper knowledge will be along to correct me.

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
Hi. Did anyone get to the bottom of these payments. I’ve just seen my bank account and have a larger payment going in tomorrow. New tax year?

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
ive just started my pension early due to terminal illness, been out over ten years and getting my pension nearly 20 years early, ive just had this payment ORMS RAF MN.

over 2k :)

My wife got it today - £456. She rang the pension lot and was told is was due to a miscalculation in the lump sum she got when she turned 60 last year. She did 9 years and left in 1993.