• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OOps we did it again!

FootTapper

Sergeant
i think if they had put "cyclic rate of 700rpm" it would have been more accurate, but not actually meant anything to most of the readers...

although if you fitted a mag with no internals, held the weapon upside down, then fed rounds into the open bottom of the mag from a hopper i'd imagine you could get it to fire the 700ish rounds in about a minute. Might not be so good for the gun...

Last edited:
T

The Lord Flasheart

But it would have a stoppage after the first ten. ;)

As usual, the media 'sex' it up by throwing in 'Capable of firing 700 rounds a minute'.

Not a great week really. I guess the media have got bored with us in Iraq and the Stan.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Is there a problem witht the L85A2 that isnt being reported. If thats the case it should be.
So the Sgt Major handed the weapon over to someone else for safe keeping? Whoops.

T

The Lord Flasheart

Tell you what, Nerd. Whilst you are searching through my posts on Arrse for bizarre stalking purposes, why dont read all about it on the rest of that site? Failing that, you can walk up to a main gate of any Service establishment and ask.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

I am sorry Flash did I mention you in my post above. You are getting paranoid.

Back to the subject in hand again!!!!!

I guess the SNCO will be charged for this. But will the Soldier whom he gave it to be punished aswell?
Will the SNCO hvae proof that he gave him the weapon.

T

The Lord Flasheart

But it would have a stoppage after the first ten

Is there a problem witht the L85A2 that isnt being reported. If thats the case it should be.

That appears to be a direct reply, Nerd. Keep up will you.

I guess the SNCO will be charged for this. But will the Soldier whom he gave it to be punished aswell?

Why should it bother you?

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Why should the SNCO be charged, if it can be proved the weapon was handed over for safe keeping it wasn't his fault the thing was lost. The person that will get charged is the guy it was handed over to for safe keeping.

As for a problem with the L85 A2 the only problem with the weapon is the muppet using the thing (usually).