• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Officers Mess Dress Wanted

A

AdamPreece

Hi all,

I've been an Officer in the ATC for around 2 years but am still looking for a set of No. 5s. My chest is 40-42", waist 32-34" and leg 30-32".

Can anyone help?

A.

Might be worth having a look in the sales and wants book next time you're in your local Officers' mess.
Alternatively ring up the tailors at Cranwell; used to be called Snaiths, I know they used to take in second hand ones and try to sell them off for people.
The easiest way by far is to find someone leaving the service about your size and make them an offer they can't refuse. Stn Stores will do all the ancils (shirt, cummerbund, bow tie,shoes etc).
If you buy a new one don't forget to leave plenty of room!