• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OBD 2 software download

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I need to reset the Engine management light on my laguna 2. I have the OBD to usb connector does anybody know of a good site to download a good management tool please?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Being Pikey I forgot to say Free download.... And I can't sell it with the engine management light on.

No idea for your French car? I use VagCom for mine but that will be completely useless to you. One thing though, it is not a straight USB to OBDII, there is hardware in the cable, at least for mine.

Do you have any idea why the light is on? Because even if you turn it off using software, if it is an existing or recurring fault it will just ping straight back on again?

Edit; Looks like it is Renault Can Clip that you need? Which I found a cracked version after a very very brief Google. I won't link it as it is obviously pirated software, but it was not hard to find?

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 mins, pump the brakes a few times as well to get rid of any residual current. Connect the battery and start it up, if the light comes on then it is a hard fault and needs rectifying.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The fault is a sticky recirc sensor I had it reset about 6 months ago by a mate with one of the self contained OBD diagnostic boxes but he's somewhere sunny at the moment. The lead I've got has the required hardware but googling it led me a bit in circles..lol Now I've a program name we're on ...cheers