• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OASC warm-up before fitness test

L

littlered

Hi all,

I have OASC in a few weeks and was wondering how long I have to warm-up before the fitness test.

Will I have access to exercise equipment (like tread mill or cross trainer) or will I have to find other ways of warming up without them?

How long do I get to warm-up before you're called in for the fitness test?

Thanks,

JPJ83

SAC
If it's anything like most other fitness tests, the physical training instructor will lead some sort of joint warm up for everyone taking it. Usually consists of active ("dynamic" - that's the word!) stretching type exercises, whilst lightly jogging around.

There's probably a more technical description, but that's essentially what it is. No need to separately warm up.

Last edited:

Mag2grid

Corporal
Are you doing the 1.5mile run or the bleep test?
The latter there was no warm up when I did OASC 4 years ago, litterally rock up at East Camp gym (aka the sweat hanger!) and crack on with the tests.

1.5mile run, normally (well, during IOT anyways) you normally get a little jog around with the PTI and some dynamic stretches for good measure.

If you are doing the 1.5mile run, watch out for the wind as you hand rail the fence around CHOM, it smacks you right in the face and slows alot of people down, regardless of the time of year!

JPJ83

SAC
Good point. For the RAFFT bleep test, which IIRC is all that they do at OASC, the first few levels serve as its own warm-up - being barely faster than a walk.

L

littlered

The warm up was 5 minutes on the treadmill then you start the 2.4km run straight after. That's was it!

Well it's over now, just the waiting game to do....

Thanks guys