• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OASC and PROC

bubb2709

LAC
hi

I am going through the application process for a regiment officer, can anyone tell me if the OASC comes before the PROC or the other way round?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
hi

I am going through the application process for a regiment officer, can anyone tell me if the OASC comes before the PROC or the other way round?

2 minutes on Google shows PROC first, OASC second. Another minute shows that this is a desirable and not a definite.

So probably PROC, but if the dates work out right/wrong then you could end up on OASC first.

HTH :)

bubb2709

LAC
I did check Google but as you say it can be either way round, just wondered if anyone could tell me which way round is more likely.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
From the RAF College Cranwell FAQ Page.

I am applying for RAF Regiment Officer and have been told that I have to undertake the Potential Regiment Officers Course (PROC). What do I need to know?

What is the PROC?

The purpose of the PROC is to assess whether you have the motivation for the RAF Regiment and the potential for training on the Junior Regiment Officers’ Course (JROC). It will also allow you to have a closer look at the Regiment and decide if it is a suitable career path for you. A positive recommendation from the PROC is an essential pre-requisite for anyone seeking selection for a commission in the RAF Regiment.

If the RAF Regiment is your primary branch choice and you pass your filter interview, the AFCO will arrange a date for you to attend a PROC at RAF Honington. In most cases this will be prior to your visit to OASC.