• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NVQ 4 Management

B

billy bollox

Can anyone help?
I'm trying to get info on putting together a portfolio for NVQ 4 in Eng Management. Learning Centre is trying to fob me off to do a BSc in it instead but I haven't the time etc. Has anyone done this through thier TDF's and can anyone advise where to get the best info.
Ta

Before I left I applied for and got a Graduateship in the City and Guilds. This equates to level 6 on the National Qualifications Framework so essentially a level 6 NVQ. Have you thought about that route?

It used to be only open to chiefs and then they dropped it to Sgt, I did hear that Cpls with more than 7 years in the rank were also going to be included but I am not sure.

My info is six months out of date but your TDF should have the pukka gen.

BTW the qualification has been quite well received at all the interviews I have been to since I left and it does allow you to put some rather pretentious initials after your name if you are of that wont!

Jimps GCGLI

B

billy bollox

Cheers Jim, I'd looked at that having already got LCGI but was not sure to wht level NVQ it equated to. So thats the next step up being the Graduateship GCGI then???

chiefy

Corporal
GCGI is equivelant to a qualification on the NQF at level 6, but it isn't one and it certainly isn't an NVQ, still worthwhile as it does demonstrate a recognised occupational level of achievement, next up is MCGI (Member of the City & Guilds Institute followed by Fellow.)

Who are you doing the NVQ with and which Sector is it in (Engineering Management is broad and standards are owned by several SSC's) If you know the answer to either question pm me and I will send you a link to their National Occupational Standards, this will tell you, for the modules you need to do, what is required by way of performance statement and help you decide what evidence and at what level you need to gather. The organisation through whom you are doing the assessment should have given you significant guidance on this anyway!