• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No response from online application

josieann

LAC
Hello,

I filled the online application to join the raf a week ago today. A message said I would hear back within 5 working days however to date nobody has been in touch.

How long did it take others to hear back?

Thanks.

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
Hi Josie, be advised that if you applied last Monday then there has only been 4 working days since, as today is of course a bank holiday. If you haven't heard by the end of the week I would suggest calling 0345 605 5555 if you are applying for regular service or 0345 606 9069 if you are applying for reserve service. These are the application call centres for the RAF and they will be able to advise you on where your application is currently and/or hopefully speed it up. In the mean time don't be afraid to get into your nearest careers office if you have any questions. Best of luck!

josieann

LAC
I gave them a call last week and they said the timescale is currently up to 6 weeks to get a reply.

Today I've received and email inviting me to sit some selection tests at my local centre in 2 weeks. Could anybody advise what sort of subjects these tests include and if there are any books I can purchase which will help.

Thanks!

I gave them a call last week and they said the timescale is currently up to 6 weeks to get a reply.

Today I've received and email inviting me to sit some selection tests at my local centre in 2 weeks. Could anybody advise what sort of subjects these tests include and if there are any books I can purchase which will help.

Thanks!

The AST is the initial testing. The test compromise of Numerical Reasoning, English (Reading), Mechanical comprehension and Electrical comprehension. First I would google RAF AST and you will find loads and loads of links from people in your situation but don't get bogged down reading them as you only have 2 weeks and to be honest you will want to get your head in the books.

You can download a test from the RAF website (select the relevant role and then there are links to the test): https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/application-process/

honestly I used BBC Bitesize to jog my memory on most of the subjects. What trade are you going for? A lot of the Aptitude test is about natural ability, it is times as well (this will probably be your biggest challenge).