• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NI Card

R

rhysowen

Hey was wondering if anyone with recruitment insider gen knows whether or not it is a problem that I no longer have my NI Card as it was stolen not long ago?
I have a P60 and a P45 with my NI number on, I know it off by heart and I even have a black and white photocopy of it...
I just dont want it being a drama on D00

Thanks

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
It's a single issue card, you cannot get a replacement. Therefore it would be pretty crap if we turned away anybody who no longer had one for whatever reason and at whatever age.

If you have your NI number, brilliant. You even have yours on a Government issued bit of paper. Don't worry about it :)

beowulf

Sergeant
Not a recruiter but I can say that this will not be a problem. It was in the news last week that HMRC are no longer going to be issuing the plastic number cards, you will instead get a letter when you turn 16. On speaking with the BBC (I think) a spokesman said that it is the number that is important not the artifact.

So either next year or the year after there will be no cards to check.

When I joined the reserves 3 years ago I had lost my card for probably 15 years by that point. As long as you know your number you will be fine.

No card

No card

Never had one, no such thing when I was 16. memorised the number and never had a problem by not having a card.

Last edited:

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Never had one, no such thing when I was 16. memorised the number and never had a problem by not having a card.

All I ever had was a brown cardboard one with the number & my details typed on it & even that has my old adress on it that I lived at in Birmingham,which we left two years before I joined up in 1984

beowulf

Sergeant
I think it could just be a case of being intimidated by joining instructions. They will ask for the card so that at least people won't pitch up without their number (because then I would imagine all kinds of pay related headaches begin).

But as long as you know your number and can prove it you will be fine. You may get a comment about biff admin but it won't be serious.