• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Newbie Travel Warrants

Chaka

Sergeant
Chaka Jnr is in the process of joining up and we live 50 miles from the nearest AFCO.

What has happened to the good ol' days of travel warrants to attend the CIO/AFCO for the Interviews,aptitude tests, medical and fitness test? The poor fella is having to pay his own way to join up.:pDT_Xtremez_41:

Feckin' MoD tightarses.....hurrumph!:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Odie

Sergeant
The new mean Air Force. :pDT_Xtremez_26: I guess that they're trying to match much of industry where the applicant has to pay for his own travel to interviews. :pDT_Xtremez_21:

W

Wonky Tonka

When Chaka Jr gets through the selection process and attends RAF Halton, either for PRTC or actual starting Recruit Training, he'll be entitled to a rail warrant for those journeys.

As for all the curernt travelling, I can't tell you, but I'm sure some of the AFCO types will be able to give you the gen.

Parky

Corporal
you may want to try the Job Centre, they issue travel warrants for interviews. There is even a fund for buying suitable interview clothing too depending on your background.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
All depends

All depends

If you are going to the nearest AFCO to your young'uns address and it is 50 miles, shortest journey to the AFCO, then your lad can ask for assistance once he has passed his AST and enters the selection process, all the way up to a single warrant for Wendover.

Chaka

Sergeant
Thanks for the replies, he is well into the selection process now so I'll take onboard your advice.

Thanks.