• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cars.

G

gemarriott

Just ordered my new car VW golf poverty spec 1600 but I'm chuffed to be getting rid of the Rover 25 top of the range rattler.

If I'd ordered it yesterday I would probably have ordered a Reliant Robin,

G

gemarriott

Wouldn't you have rather bought a nearly new car with a better spec?

Toyed with the idea but the base spec of the golf had everything I said I wanted before I started looking. CD, air con, electric windows etc and the performance is pretty good too.

In 3 years I have only used the sunroof 3 times, and I don't really understan the fuss over leather seats and sat nav so I am fairly content.

A

arsolamio

I would probably have ordered a Reliant Robin,

You should've got a Saxo they're brill but you're probably too old to handle all the power and anyway Val Doonican Records wouldn't play in a real car like a Saxo cos the bass speakers would make the needle jump

G

gemarriott

You should've got a Saxo they're brill but you're probably too old to handle all the power and anyway Val Doonican Records wouldn't play in a real car like a Saxo cos the bass speakers would make the needle jump

Fcuk me arseolioli you are almost as thick as your dad. a car is a means of transport not a mobile disco nobber!

Anyway VW had a special offer on buy a Golf get a Saxo for the little girlie free cos only little girlies drive them. Shall I send you the free one in bits of course?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Just ordered my new car VW golf poverty spec 1600 but I'm chuffed to be getting rid of the Rover 25 top of the range rattler.

If I'd ordered it yesterday I would probably have ordered a Reliant Robin,

Nice car! Poverty spec these days is usually more than you could ever want anyway - we have the invaders from the land of the rising sun to thank for that.

and who needs high performance in the uk anyway? speed cameras and traffic congestion put pay to using a high performance car on the limit and a 16v 1600 these days can easily lose you your licence! Stick to the limits, turn up your fave CD, relax in air-conditioned comfort and enjoy the rattle-free drive.

plus it's a golf, so when you finally want to get rid - it will sell easily.

I used to have a poverty spec Seat Leon 1.4 - (basically a spanish golf). Lovely car, never went wrong, dead comfy and quite an involved drive for an asthmatic front-wheel-drive eurobox.

There isn't such thing as a bad new car these days. Good choice mate - Wishing you many miles of happy motoring.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Toyed with the idea but the base spec of the golf had everything I said I wanted before I started looking. CD, air con, electric windows etc and the performance is pretty good too.

In 3 years I have only used the sunroof 3 times, and I don't really understan the fuss over leather seats and sat nav so I am fairly content.

Fair comment. I just have an issue with blowing £1000 the first time I turn the key. Only time I'd buy new is after a lottery win.

G

gemarriott

There isn't such thing as a bad new car these days. Good choice mate - Wishing you many miles of happy motoring.

Cheers for the endorsement Bengo, nice to know I haven't made a complete spanner of myself as I usually do over motor cars.

Th Rover 25 I have now is just really coming into its own I suppose. I have had it 3 years and only done 26k miles so it is really only just run in. It is a 1600 and to be fair top of the range spec with a nice engine that if I want it to goes very nicely indeed, nippy enough to make boith my grown up sons scream for to me to slow down anyway. Trouble is it is a ROVER FFS and we all know what happened to them a few weeks after they delivered my car. Warantee worth a US dollar.:pDT_Xtremez_09: and no resale value. Even worse the fecking thing has a creaky dashboard sounds like Mrs M's knees in a frost so I won't be sorry to see the back of it.

Bugger though VW belled this morning to say the colour I wanted has been discontinued. still minor problem.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Bugger though VW belled this morning to say the colour I wanted has been discontinued. still minor problem.

Time to play the "seriously cheesed off customer" card: rant, rave, bluster about being the only colour you wanted, spending X thousand pounds, never been treated so badly etc....

and then negotiate some nice 'sweetners' from the dealer - look at the dealer-fit options list and see what you can push them for. Alloy wheels? CD Changer? Fitted Mats? front fog lights? All of these are usually dealer fit. They should have warned you about the colour discontinuation at time of ordering. Thanks to JD power, dealers tend to be a bit more keen to look after customers.

When I bought my poverty spec leon, I traded in my old car with a wedge of outstanding finance which the Seat dealer agreed to settle as part of the deal. Only they didn't settle it, and I didn't cancel the DD (lesson learnt). I paid for 2 cars for 3 months (I was a singly Fg Off living in the mess so when there was too much month left at the end of the money I just thought I'd over-cooked the bar bil!)

anyhew, I got all my money back from the dealer and as a good will gesture (due to the hassle), they agreed to fit some front fog lights (a 500 quid dealer fit option) for free. Which was nice. and it probably added 300 quid to the value of the car when I finally traded it.

So you never know - worth a try?

G

gemarriott

Feck me I hadn't thought of thet. Still thats why you're pimms and crimploine and I drag knuckles.

I'm off there first thing tomorrow to barter.

Have to confess that the colour now on order is my first choice, the one discontinued was the boss's. So I have finally won a colour choice decision for the first time in lots of years of marriage, I was giddy about that:pDT_Xtremez_31:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Allways happy to help a fellow goater.

When you go in, try and make a bee-line for someone with clout - a senior salesperson and not just the 'oik.

Do your research too, have a look at the VW website and all the sales literature - find out what the dealer fit options are, what you like and what are worth doing (door sill guards aren't!) and see if you can quote any of the 'customer satisfaction' type bollards that they spout all the time.

Let us know how you get on!

G

gemarriott

Just spoke with the salesman,

upgraded stereo with MP3 docking, mats, and touring pak including in car fridge

Good result

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Just spoke with the salesman,

upgraded stereo with MP3 docking, mats, and touring pak including in car fridge

Good result
How Bigs the fridge? - one that holds 4 cans is no fcuking good and you know I only drink from Bottles so it needs to be taller than a Tinny fridge, don't forget our wife likes a glass of bubbly on Picnics so make sure you take all that into consideration

Cheers Pal

Hu

G

gemarriott

How Bigs the fridge? - one that holds 4 cans is no fcuking good and you know I only drink from Bottles so it needs to be taller than a Tinny fridge, don't forget our wife likes a glass of bubbly on Picnics so make sure you take all that into consideration

Cheers Pal

Hu

It holds 8 bottles of charlie, enough to get from supermarket to offy to supermarket.

It's my car not hers so no fecking bubbly, horrible stuff, I know she likes it but she can have it warm if she wants it that bad I need to keep the beer cold. Anyway you're the one that spoils her with picnics and nights out, all I get left with is the rollers, facecream and cucumber slices in the morning.:pDT_Xtremez_34:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

A fantastic result! good for you, and I bet you're glad you did your homework too otherwise he would have taken you by surprise and you would have gone:

"err umm, don't know really, err, a new magic tree air freshener and half a tank of petrol?" :pDT_Xtremez_15:

From poverty spec to "comfy touring" spec in one phone call! Your story is quite a ringing endorsement for VW too.

Happy motoring.