• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Near miss

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Chippy and is it ours

Chippy and is it ours

The date on the film looks like 2004 and the plane like a chipmunk are we still flying space cadets around in them I thought we'd swopped to bulldogs and tutors.

O

oldhamboy1967

Bulldogs??? I think you'll find the UASs and Air Cadets are stooging around in Grobs now mate! Course, I am a Cabbage so I can't expect you to have the same level of knowledge... :cool:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Spotting for beginners

Spotting for beginners

Sorry OB67. I have booked myself onto remedial airmanship training course at No2 School of Brassical training.:D.
Saw one of those Grob things in the other day you can't even fit chocks under it's wheels obviously the Fiat Seicento of the plane world.

A

Arseendcharlie

The BBMF do Operate a chipmunk for tailwheel and continuation training but then a lot of civvy operators operate the things too, in RAF colours as well.

Message to self, must get out more.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
...and another thing.

Why is it always called a 'near miss'? :confused:

Surely if you nearly miss something you must have hit it?

Shouldn't it be called a 'near hit'?

It's things like this that keep me awake at night you know? :(

T

The Controller

Norman the Storeman said:
...and another thing.

Oh My God Norman!!! Now you've done it......you've got me thinking about this now...I'll only be able to sleep during the day as usual!:mad:

N

North Sea Tiger

Makes you wonder why Missiles arent called Hitiles doesnt it ??

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Air India Flight 182 was a target of opportunity for terrorists. All 329 aboard were killed, including 60 children aged below 10. Also killed were 22 Americans, 160 Canadians and more than 100 Indian nationals along with others. Never mind eh.:mad:

O

oldhamboy1967

Norman the Storeman said:
...and another thing.

I think that's why they changed their official name to AirProx - that way you have to done Calcs and Comms to know what the Prox stands for... lol.

Merry Christmas one and all.

T

The Controller

SirSaltyHelmet said:
No truth in the rumour that the Air India crash in the mid 80s was due to a "Sikh Hitting Missile" :p

God......SSH....you must have been waiting years for the opportunity to air that one again!!!!:p