• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Navy Gets New Uniform - RAF next?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Smart and modern? I actually think so especially in comparison to what they had.

image.jpg

Thoughts? Does the light blue ensemble need an upgrade?

timaloy

Corporal
What happened to the dark blue PCS that was doing the rounds? For the raf i mean.

I think the navy coulda picked a person that doesnt look a bag o **** to model it

Digzster

Sergeant
This looks like a sack of sh1t to me. What were they thinking putting those guys in to display the uniform. The rating obviously needs a belt to in his gut.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Unfortunate picture that makes it look like the LT has his hands in his pockets...

Entropy

Sergeant
I liked the BBC report where it stated "according to the Navy the feedback was 'mostly positive'"

Now that smacks of an implementation regardless of anything else.

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
The left hand uniform is the one they're getting rid of.. Poor photo comparing an Lt. in new set up and, I guess, a Leading Hand in the old stuff.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Doesn't look super but it looks smart, functional, practical and comfy. Would beat the old overalls on top of the blues anyday for techies moving from office to oily, greasy environment, outdoors and back to the office in a day. Looks functional and I think it will be a forward step. Just my personal point of view.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If I was a computer whizz I'd put up a before and after photo like one of those cheesy adverts. Saying look what a wonder pill can do.

Elwood

SAC
I assume that the new uniform comes with matching goretex, gloves, warm layer etc. THAT has got to be better than the techie's shirt, v neck jumper, green covvies, DPM fleece/green softie wooly hat and hi-vis ensemble modelled by the average lineys.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I take it that the introduction of this uniform will remove about 18 other uniform variants from the RN? Otherwise, what's the fcuking point! They've got more uniform than you can shake a clothes-peg-covered-stick at!

Still, I think it looks ok (picture is intentionally bias if you ask me) and I wait to see with baited breath if the RAF gets one pushed down their throat...

I wonder whether they slowly turn DPM green / beige with every wash?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Changed my mind on this. PCS is way more practical and comfortable, but it does make womens' arses took unfeasibly large.

It's not terrible; I cannot lie ;)

G

Gord

Well, I suppose if the guy on the right turned out to be a complete Richard head, his rank insignia makes a perfect target for a sniper.