• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Hobby is great

T

tufty

;) My hobby is collecting different colours of sand from around the world. I have got lots from many places and there are many like-minded people around the world. We often chat and exchange humorous anecdotes about it and even have our own mag - 'The Sand Paper'

The best examples of sand come from the Lancashire Coast in my view - I find that stuff from the Arabian Peninsula is too gritty. Although the sand from the Gobi Desert is particularly prized. So many things can influence the quality of sand including climate, fauna and of course the underlying geology. Sand is an important part of everyone's life. Do you know that it is a vital ingredient in glass? It is also used to stop hot-air balloons from flying away. It can also be stuck to paper and used as sandpaper for smoothing surfaces, which is essential in the building trade.

If anyone would like further information on the hobby or has some unusual sand that they don't need - please let me know.