• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multi quoting in posts!

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Can someone please explain to me (and for the benefit of "some others"::/: ) how to multi quote when replying to threads?

Thank you kindly!!

AW

Y

Yossarian

There's a few ways.

The one I use is to cut and paste everything you need from other people's posts, then just split up the quotes into whatever bits you need, and wrap each one in the
[quote/] tags, including the relevant username. (Yours is
for example).

It's probably a really long way around the houses, but it works for me. Probably someone cleverer than me knows an easier way!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I don't know if there is an easier way.
Hitting the 'quote' button gives you a start, the whole contents of the post you are quoting enclosed in the [startquote] [endquote] tags.
If you want to split the post up then just copy and paste the [startquote] and [endquote] tags to the beginning and end of the various sections you want to make.

If you want to nest quotes inside one another you need to do soemthing like this:

[Startquote person one][Startquote person two]Yada yada yada (person two's words go in here)[endquote] Yeah but,blah, blah (person one's words go in here)[endquote]

Clear as mud eh?

Last edited:
M

monobrow

[QUOTE="AllWoman, post: 126772, member: 1831"]Can someone please explain to me (and for the benefit of "some others"::/: ) how to multi quote when replying to threads?

Thank you kindly!!

AW[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Yossarian, post: 126779, member: 56"]It's probably a really long way around the houses, but it works for me. Probably someone cleverer than me knows an easier way![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Boarderlyne, post: 126912"]Can someone gives us the easier way? Please? :PDT_Xtremez_08:[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I use to multi quote, it involves opening up tabs by middle mouse clicking the "quote" button, then copying what I need to into the post.

Handy hints though, Ctrl + C is Copy, Ctrl + V is paste and Ctrl + A selects all in that field.

So without my sneaky way of showing the tags, heres what that would look like usually

Can someone please explain to me (and for the benefit of "some others"::/: ) how to multi quote when replying to threads?

Thank you kindly!!

AW

It's probably a really long way around the houses, but it works for me. Probably someone cleverer than me knows an easier way!

Can someone gives us the easier way? Please? :pDT_Xtremez_08:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I just open a second window, and use it to "collect the various bits I want to quote, post the reply and close the second window, failing that I edit it all together in word and spell check it too ! :pDT_Xtremez_28: