• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MSO training

S

SaraHughes

Hi,
I'm due to go to OASC in August with the hope of becoming an MSO. I havn't been able to find much info about the training or the postings available, any help would be much appreciated.
I know there has been a recent review of the training programmes and a lot has been moved over to RAF Brize Norton since RAF Lyneham closed, but the information given to me by the careers office is very out of date and I don't want to look like I havn't researched the role thoroughly before I go to OASC.
What postings are available for an MSO? I assume that the HQ Tactical Medical Wing, Defence Medical Rehab Centre, Defence Medical Training Centre and the RAF Centre for Aviation Medicine requires MSOs but are there any more than this?
Thank you for reading this thread, I really do appreciate any help!
Sara

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I'm not fully versed on the Medical acronyms so could you explain what an MSO is? I know what an SMO is, Station Medical Officer but never heard of a MSO.

S

SaraHughes

Medical Support Officer

Medical Support Officer

Hi an MSO is a Medical Support Officer, I've heard they are a rare breed lol!

S

SaraHughes

Vim_fuego I have all the info off the website but its all out of date and there's no info on postings or much on training. Many thanks for taking the trouble to post the link though!

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just had a look and you are correct - most posts are at those places you listed - but it seems most larger Stations have at least one too.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim_fuego I have all the info off the website but its all out of date and there's no info on postings or much on training. Many thanks for taking the trouble to post the link though!

I did it for Techie Tubby but you're welcome anyway!