• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Msft

R

Replicant

OK, sorry to keep posting threads here, but I don't wanna go off topic and it maybe easier for people to find who are as dense as I am. :D

On the MSFT/Beep test, I keep seeing 8.9 or 10.01, what does that mean?

Does that mean that you have to keep up with the beep test for that long in minutes?

D

dozyscopie1

The Bleep Test involves running back and forth between two set points, 20 metres apart, in time with the 'bleeps'. The time between each bleep then gets shorter as the test reaches every higher level, meaning 10.9 will involve an extra 27 more shuttles from 8.2, think thats right. One level is 10 shuttles I think.Starts off pretty slow then gradually builds up.
You can download the bleep test off the net if you look about. You can then practise it by going down to a football pitch and running from the by-line to a few yds past the end of the 18yd box (20m is nearly 22yds). Might not be exact but it should set you up nicely for doing it. Its a ball ache but depending on how far you can do and your age you should only have to do it once a year.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Entropy

Sergeant
It refers to the shuttle within that level. i.e if you require 9.2 then you need to complete the 2nd shuttle of level 9.

All explained in the reference of complete truth-- > Wikipedia

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You can then practise it by going down to a football pitch and running from the by-line to a few yds past the end of the 18yd box (20m is nearly 22yds). Might not be exact but it should set you up nicely for doing it.

The distance between the two wickets on a cricket pitch is, however, exactly 22 yards.

Pretend you are Ian Bell playing India.

bitter123

LAC
The amount of shuttles for level 1 is actually 7. The timing between each level isn't fixed. However, is approximately 1 minute give or take 7 or so seconds. As each level increases either the amount of shuttles increases or the time for that level decreases, put another way, the average required running speed increases.