• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MP’s 2024 payrise

Sky News, 14 Mar 24.

MP’s awarded a 5.5% pay-rise taking their pay to £91,346.

I wonder if we will get the same 5.5%?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Sky News, 14 Mar 24.

MP’s awarded a 5.5% pay-rise taking their pay to £91,346.

I wonder if we will get the same 5.5%?
It seems like the poor dears had to make do with 2.9% last year when inflation was rampant and public sector pay rose significantly with some getting cost of living bonuses.

I bet they made up the shortfall in expenses though. Liz Truss and her small team managed to blow over £15k on catering alone for a single flight to Australia: https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-liz-truss-massive-flight-food-booze-bill-revealed-australia-foi/

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
5.5% for MP's:cry:
Public service pensions which have been in payment for a year will be increased by 6.7% from 8 April 2024(y)
State pension for oldies like me increasing by 8.5% in April 2024.(y)
Seems the poor dears in the Commons have dipped out. :ROFLMAO:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
5 years without a pay rise for me due to them ***** telling a private company that they're not allowed to negotiate.

I notice their ideology doesn't go as far as their own corruption.