• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moving 'back' into PSF/HR...

raflad67

Corporal
After 21 long years away I am soon to move back into the 'murky' world that is PSF or whatever else it is called these days.

Just wondered what the kardexes are like these days and how many afternoons I should be looking to close every week......:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Seriously, it would be great to hear some 'advice', sound or otherwise so at least we can all have a laugh!

Cheers

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Lucky you! Where are you off to? I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on here both welcome and unwelcome:pDT_Xtremez_42:

My top tip (for now) is to look after your own clerks & SNEK's and they will help you out - a lot! There is a lot of knowledge out there so use them wisely and learn from them. The youngsters we are getting in these days are pretty clued up IMHO.

C

CC

After 21 long years away I am soon to move back into the 'murky' world that is PSF or whatever else it is called these days.

Just wondered what the kardexes are like these days and how many afternoons I should be looking to close every week......:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Seriously, it would be great to hear some 'advice', sound or otherwise so at least we can all have a laugh!

Cheers

Kardexes have been replaced by Excel spreadsheets :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Close at least 5 afternoons a week, reason being you have to count all your money, now that we're on the higher pay band; that one really winds up the techies.

Don't forget to keep a register of all your registers, now that one really does fcuk me off, LOL. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My advice is to listen to your JOs. Apparently they know a lot more about the RAF than you! :pDT_Xtremez_14::pDT_Xtremez_14:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Don't forget to close apparently randomly when an occulting moon is due or similar planetary event occurs. However remember to put this in the small print of orders weeks in advance so non of the techies can whinge, if you can tie this in with the PSF golf day so much the better.:pDT_Xtremez_42: