• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mountain Bike Question

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Im going to take my mountain bike to a shop in Sleaford to get serviced next week, and whilst in there today I saw a lovely Claud Butler for £295. Whilst servicing mine, he's gonna tell me how much its worth now, and maybe I could sort something out.

Anyway..... can someone give me a rough idea of how much mine is worth (i know its hard without the actual pics) but im just after a ball park figure, or an idea of where i could get one. its just so i have a rough idea before going in there.

Its a Haro Extreme X1 mountain bike the same as the one pictured. When I got it in 05 (I'm the second owner), you could only get it in the US and it had been fitted with uprated hydraulic brakes. its in top condition without a bit of rust. When I first got it and took it for an initial service in Stoke, the guy said it was worth about a grand.

If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• velosiped-62.jpg
    velosiped-62.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
If its only £300 why worry about it ? Just buy it, life is too short !

Crack on.........

Sent from my iPad 2 ....yes I doooo

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You might get £50 on Gumtree or preloved if your lucky as it's not a main brand.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What did you insure it for?

If it's not longer available, and it was stolen (cough, cough)............?

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Haro aren't a mainstream brand so they could be a little difficult to move on. It would help sell if the groupset was upgraded somewhere. Is it 7 , 8, or 9 speed? Does it have LX or XT components etc? What shocks are fitted?

As a help perhaps you could look for a comparable bike on gumtree, fleebay, retrobikes, etc and draw some conclusions.

Im sure you're aware that Claud Butler tend to occupy the lower rungs on the bike ladder, (in terms of desirability and spec etc) is it that much better than the Haro?

It maybe better to buy another 2nd hand bike you'll get a bargain I'm sure.

unruly1986

Sergeant
OP, for that money I'd recommend going for something second hand, such as a Specialized Rockhopper. Much more bike for the money.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Agree with the others here, if all you've got is £300 then you'll get a much better bike on fleabay rather than halfords.