• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Military Kit insurance

Guys, my sincere apologies if this is in the wrong place - slate accordingly but have any of you had kit insurance before?

I am off to USA for a year to carry out a Q course on a second hand new sneeky beeky R1 replacement. I have been looking at PAX, Tower and a few others. Be nice to hear your experiences before I purchase.

Many ta's in advance

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Guys, my sincere apologies if this is in the wrong place - slate accordingly but have any of you had kit insurance before?I am off to USA for a year to carry out a Q course on a second hand new sneeky beeky R1 replacement. I have been looking at PAX, Tower and a few others. Be nice to hear your experiences before I purchase.Many ta's in advance
Are you going married unacompanied, with house insurance, as that might cover you. But on that note, I still have my kit insurance but have cut it down to issued kit, so if the unfortunate does happen, I don't have to use my House Insurance to replace the military kit.

Guys, my sincere apologies if this is in the wrong place - slate accordingly but have any of you had kit insurance before?

I am off to USA for a year to carry out a Q course on a second hand new sneeky beeky R1 replacement. I have been looking at PAX, Tower and a few others. Be nice to hear your experiences before I purchase.

Many ta's in advance

When I was in I used Trinity for years, covered issue kit including short term/temp loan kit as well as personal stuff, household, tennant liability, the whole lot. Fairly reasonable too, especially compared to PAX. Good luck on the jolly!

bkray

LAC
Sorry to steal a thread, but while its running. A quick question.
I'm an auggie type. The people with a larger pay check told me to get kit insurance to cover my issued kit (i still live at home so no home contents cover for me). Is it really necessary?

timaloy

Corporal
I had pax and it was pretty good, claimed for a bag load of stuff that got destroyed including some Gucci kit, they replaced like for like where.they could. If they couldn't replace it I bought a replacement and sent them the receipt and they sent me a nice check for the full amount. Insurance is well worth it for military kit bit I haven't ever heard of anyone being charged for lost kit

Thanks guy's. I finally went with PAX. Tower wanted me to take out home contents to give me the level of cover required and Abacus wanted an obscene amount £372. PAX was £161 per year.