• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metal Detecting

• Thread starter TimberlandTigers
  • Start date
T

TimberlandTigers

Are there any metal detecterists in the Bedford/Chicksans/Henlow area who fancy going out after a hard days work now the better weather is here?

That's what kids are for!

That's what kids are for!

For what it's worth; I am unfortunately not in your area, have limited experience at metal detecting but have enjoyed what I have done. I believe there is a code of conduct however the best results are achieved by going somewhere where your not supposed to (i.e. Army ranges), take the kids with you! Await the detector signal! Pass trowel to available child! Retire to safe distance! See what they come up with! Great fun!

T

TimberlandTigers

I have done just that, without the kids though at Dhekelia Ranges, Cyprus. Found a few mortars, live rounds along with Byzantine coins, bronze arrow heads, lead sling shots going back to the Roman period. Also got chased by the 'Mad Monk' of Pyla.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Sad git

Corporal
I have done just that, without the kids though at Dhekelia Ranges, Cyprus. Found a few mortars, live rounds along with ........., bronze arrow heads, lead sling shots going back to the Roman period. ........:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Bloody Hell .... that range has been in use for some time.