• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medical discharged service now accepts responsibility.

kevburg

LAC
I was medically discharged I. August last year.
I have previously claimed for the injury received to the armed forces compensation scheme several times but each time they have denied responsibility that the service was responsible for my injury.

I have now been discharged and this week I received a letter from the war pensions office that states that responsibility is now being taken for my injury due to my service and I will be receiving a war pension.

Do i I now have to reclaim to the forces compensation scheme again to claim for compensation or will my claim be automatically re-assessed due to my discharge and the service now taking responsibility?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Sounds complicated, suggest you contact The RBL or RAFA for an idea, saying that I thought if you are being paid a war pension you can’t have the compensation scheme payments as they both cover different periods..

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk