• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medic

Hello again, been awhile since I last posted, and it looks like all things being well I will be going to Brize in July for a visit of 4626 Sqd, looking at RAF medic, I am a paramedic working for NWAS (north west ambulance service) so I am looking forward to it. I am aware that there are not any paramedic vacancies at present but I am happy of the chance of getting in as a medic. Anyone from 4626 on here, all advice greatly appreciated

Medic

Hi I'm a medic on 4626 Squadron in it is a good squadron to belong to I have done and seen some great things, you will only get out of it what you put in. I note you are joining as a Medic when you are a qualified Paramedic, just so you are fully aware of what the medic role entails I will fill you in. It is mainly a logistical role, filling in paperwork carrying bags organising the off load and loading of patients and carrying out inflight obs under the supervision of the Nurse. even though you are a Paramedic in civi life you wont be doing any clinical stuff on the squadron that the other paramedics do or in role because that is not what a medic does, I am not trying to put you off if you are happy to join under those circumstances then crack on. If you have any questions PM me or get in touch with one of the Sqn recruiters:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hi Bones, that's great, no I am not put off, just looking forward to getting started, I will be visiting the Sqd 10th July and really looking forward to it, still a bit of a way to go before I can get onto a course, hopefully not too long though !! Thanks again mate