• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Med / Psych Records

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Long story cut short. I'm involved with a welfare case and we need to obtain (with permission of the client) medical and psychology/psychiatry records from their time in Cyprus. The hospital there shut down some years ago and the client was treated there according to the verbal history provided.

A general request for service records hasn't turned anything up so can anyone advise on where or who to contact?

Thanking you all in advance.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You have their current med record or you don't?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

"general request for service records" - did you do it through the Subject Access Request? If not, submit a SAR and specify what information you are after.
The information already provided by the client was accessed via SAR but there's bits missing. That's assuming what we are being told is correct of course and that's what we are trying to establish.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Med docs are normally accessed through disclosures at Trenchard Hall Cranwell.

What is the timeframe here?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Med docs are normally accessed through disclosures at Trenchard Hall Cranwell.

What is the timeframe here?
That's awesome. Thank you.

We're not constrained by time fortunately.

Without going into too much detail, we have an ex army guy who was treated in Cyprus and we are assisting with challenging a rejected compensation claim for worsening effects of PTSD from his time in Iraq.

As the hospital was Tri-service, we don't really know where the records went.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
I don't think this is a particularly isolated case of missing med documents.

My whole medical record the RAF supplied to my current doctor fits easily onto two sides of A4 paper.

Single line entries for some complex stuff. Not great.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
TMPH would have been staffed Tri Service but it was a RAF Hospital for most of its operation.

Always handy to remember that there will be a greater burden on the Service to prove that it did non harm rather than the individual, failure to maintain proper medical records wouldn't look best.

Deltaitem

Corporal
TMPH would have been staffed Tri Service but it was a RAF Hospital for most of its operation.

Always handy to remember that there will be a greater burden on the Service to prove that it did non harm rather than the individual, failure to maintain proper medical records wouldn't look best.
Lawyers love it when documents and paper trails aren't up to speed. They call it incomplete tasking. In terms of medical documents and procedures, if it isn't written down, it didn't happen.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That's awesome. Thank you.

We're not constrained by time fortunately.

Without going into too much detail, we have an ex army guy who was treated in Cyprus and we are assisting with challenging a rejected compensation claim for worsening effects of PTSD from his time in Iraq.

As the hospital was Tri-service, we don't really know where the records went.

They won't be through cranwell then I'd have thought, they would be where ever the Army stores its med records.

I meant when did it happen?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the replies, it's a complicated case and there are, sadly, a lot more cases out there.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And they aren't in his full med docs from the army?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Long story cut short. I'm involved with a welfare case and we need to obtain (with permission of the client) medical and psychology/psychiatry records from their time in Cyprus. The hospital there shut down some years ago and the client was treated there according to the verbal history provided.

A general request for service records hasn't turned anything up so can anyone advise on where or who to contact?

Thanking you all in advance.

Good luck.

I received a letter this morning from the solicitors acting for me on my Hearing Loss Claim.

It seems that the MOD are taking in excess of 18 months to receive records from their own archives.

Am I surprised?

Not at all, the whole fúcking defence system is a cock up as we see on a daily basis in the mainstream news.