• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall's on the move

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I can see this costing the UK taxpayer a packet.
No doubt we'll have to pay for the hanger at the new place, just like we paid for the one at Cambridge.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Off Topic Nice to know they rate the TB as the worst British aircraft ever. Yours TB:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hot Shoes

Corporal
As this is officially a rumour site I will tell you the one told to me yesterday by someone at work, I work for the 'mericans,

Fairford!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
My money is on Wyton.

Nice long runway, lots of parking space and hangars sitting empty. Close to Cambridge so workforce won't need to relocate and I bet they get some sort of favourable deal from HMG for moving there.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It will be interesting to see how DE&S manage the locations of the DE&S Delivery Team staff who are colocated with Marshall's at Cambridge. Many of their posts were originally at Wyton and moved to Cambridge because a) it made sense to colocate with their contractor and b) the staff in post then were not prepared to relocate to Abeey Wood with all the other DE&S teams. A move back to Wyton might work for some of them but, for most, Fairford wouldn't and nor would Abbey Wood. Problems ahead for the DE&S team supporting C130s I think.....

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
It will be interesting to see how DE&S manage the locations of the DE&S Delivery Team staff who are colocated with Marshall's at Cambridge. Many of their posts were originally at Wyton and moved to Cambridge because a) it made sense to colocate with their contractor and b) the staff in post then were not prepared to relocate to Abeey Wood with all the other DE&S teams. A move back to Wyton might work for some of them but, for most, Fairford wouldn't and nor would Abbey Wood. Problems ahead for the DE&S team supporting C130s I think.....

By 2030, I'd guess most of those who moved from Wyton will have moved on - one way or another :pDT_Xtremez_15:
In fact, apart from some seconded serving RAF, DE&S will probably have gone through GoCo2 by then, so whoever's left on the team will likely have little choice in the matter.

Mind you, with more and more people adopting modern working practices like remote working, will it even matter?