• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leaving TG9 ??

N

North Sea Tiger

.. Ever thought of being a Radio Operator on the Rigs ??

You have to get a Survival and Medical as well as doing a GMDSS GOC (Maritime Radio Officer) ticket and a CAA Offshore Operators ticket (piece of p**s if you are ex Air Traffic) .. cost about £1500.

You get about half the year off , excellent food .. free , steward(ess) does your laundry and makes/changes the bed and tidies your cabin for you. The money is good (I take home in a week about £50 short of what I made in a month as an SAC in 2001 when I left) .. and you are virtually your own boss .. you control the boat and helicopter movements and once your working your company / agency keeps all your courses updated for you.

As ex forces companies and agencies will prefer to hire you .. the only down side is that is quite difficult to get a start but once you do you will be kept busy .. and there is also a lot of rig admin involved in the job.

But you can honestly tell people you go to work by helicopter !!