• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Minute FI Q's

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
I'm heading off Darn Sarf in a few weeks time (first trip in 19 years!) and over the last day or two, one or two questions have sprung to mind and am hoping some of you in the know can square me away?

1) With the advent of PCS, is CS95 still the uniform of choice or is MTP de rigeur there now?
2) I seem to remember in 2002, lots of people heading down there in May/June were told to take their No 1s with them. Is anyone who is heading there shortly/down there now able to confirm if this will be the case this time?

Most of us Blue Jobs down here are still wearing CS95, it would appear that only the stackers have MTP and the new boots (Who'd have thunk it?)

I believe that people due to turn up now are expected to bring their No1's down with them for 30th Anniversary Parades etc. I'm sure the A1 Ops site might have more info.

Only 41 days left down here.................not that i'm counting

Might be worth checking with your OOA chain of command. But I'm sure people arriving down here now are expected to have their bus conductor uniform with them.

gray

Sergeant
Spoke/emailed the guy I'm replacing....

" Yes mate, you need 1's if.....(a) you've been notified, and (b) have already been allocated the additional luggage allowance to bring them out. I'll check if you're on the hit list, certainly one of the 'riggers' has already been pinged for it. As far as I know the parade will consist of 1 flight from each Service. "

So fingers crossed ;)

Gray

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Surely if you aint been told to take it then you dont take it! If you try to double-guess these types of things you'd end up taking everything includung the kitchen sink... having said that some things are worth asking about but trying to stitch yourself for a parade aint one of 'em!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Plus if you do take it when you don't need to, and someone realises you have, you are pretty much a walking self-fulfilled prophecy in grunt land.

tigger123

LAC
I am off to MPA shortly and have received an email from WO in FI informing me that I am on parade and have to bring No 1's with me - I have been given an extra 10 kilo baggage allowance though!

Shinyscot

Corporal
I'm off there end of May too, not been told to bring no 1 so hopefully my oppo had been nice and made sure I'm not picked!