• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Large Officer Mess Dress required for Wedding

G

greecey

Hi, I am looking for an officers No 5 mess dress for my wedding in April. The sizes needed are Jacket 44" chest, trousers 36" waist and 33" leg. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

G

greecey

Got it in one. No1 SD for the ceremony / day and No5 for the evening reception.
Correct in so far as I am an ATC officer although I did serve with the Royal Engineers (waiting for the comments to come!)
For those people who wish to belittle the work of the RAF VR(T) I am pleased to do my bit for the local community having been a cadet myself prior to joining up. It is nice to be able to give something positive back to the organisation that gave me so much. I am proud to have the opportunity to get married in a uniform I respect, representing both the ATC and the RAF.

Anyone who may have a No5 available, please message me with details - thanks for your help!

Oberon305

Chairborne
Might seem a silly quetion, but have you looked to see if any places do rentals? I know it's not the norm as most would buy one, but I understand why you may not wish to fork out for such limited use. You never know unless you ask?

G

greecey

Thanks for the suggestion. I am quite happy to buy one for the right price. We have regular formal dinner within the wing and also attend other formal dinning in nights so it would get plenty of use.

Oberon305

Chairborne
Well if you can wait a few months, I think you'll find that due to Tranche 2, there'll be a few Hawficers on their way out!!! I'd lend you one of mine, but I doubt that either of them would fit you and of course they are SNCO ones, so not much help I'm afraid!

Last edited:

TonyJones

LAC
Hi, I am looking for an officers No 5 cheap wedding dresses for my wedding in April. The sizes needed are Jacket 44" chest, trousers 36" waist and 33" leg. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Hello sorry to reply old thread but were you able to get Mess dress for big size officer? My friend in getting married next month and he does have same size so can you help us. Thanks in advance:)

Last edited: