• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Large Kiwi polish

D

Dribble

Gone to cobblers and every other shop i can think of in 2 different towns now, about to ring round some shops see if they have any, but i cannot find the large tins anywhere. Lady i spoke to at a cobblers said she just cant get hold of them. Any ideas anyone?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Tesco's sell it for about £2 a tin. If you can't get a big one - take 2 normal sized ones!

D

Dribble

Yeah it says 2 small 2 large, ive got the normal ones. Might just buy 3 / 4 more small ones if i cant find 2 large ones.

W

Whits87

The large tins seem really hard to find I managed to get the last tin from my local army surplus shop about two weeks ago but have been ringing them every other day since then as they say they are getting a delivery any day now but no luck thus far. Can't find them anywhere else.

I start rts next wednesday so will try again this weekend and if they still don't have any will take four small tins and one large tin.

When do you start rts?

D

Dribble

The large tins seem really hard to find I managed to get the last tin from my local army surplus shop about two weeks ago but have been ringing them every other day since then as they say they are getting a delivery any day now but no luck thus far. Can't find them anywhere else.

I start rts next wednesday so will try again this weekend and if they still don't have any will take four small tins and one large tin.

When do you start rts?

Start on Wednesday as well, how you going down? Am driving from Huddersfield but think i might book a travellodge down there on tues night so dont have to do the 3 + hour car drive in the morning... Had a quick look and theres one at junction 8 hemel hempstead which isnt too far from halton , and OldMedic thanks but i think the 100ml are the small ones. Going to make some more phonecalls whilst im at work tommorow

If you cannot get large tins of Kiwi, just bring more small ones, it is just to ensure you have enough polish for the duration of the course, trust me you will need a lot!

L

lee_cufc

I've not been able to find large tins either so yep i've just got plenty of small ones to take!

you lads managed to find everything else on the list ok? i also start down there next Wednesday!

Lee

W

Whits87

My old man is giving me a lift down so can't complain. Not really had a problem with anything else on the list went for pre printed iron on name tags in the end as spoke to one of the Corporals at Halton and he said it was ok. I've heard there a lot easier to sew on once there ironed on. Just hope I have the right size padlocks.

We were probably all on the same prtc so will have to make sure to all say hi when we get there.

How u all getting on with your fitness?

G

gemarriott

I've got a large tin in my cupboard, been there 25 years unopened

any takers?

OldMedic

Corporal
I've got a large tin in my cupboard, been there 25 years unopened ...

... and I reckon it will be 100 ml?

Still using the shoe brushes with my service number on them!

D

Dribble

ive got everything apart from a few toiletries and my padlocks, going to pick up some more polish when i go get that stuff. I have got my name tags for my clothing but it has says name at the beginning ; like

NAME________________________

Are they ok as i noticed when checking my kit list earlier it does say blank?