• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ladies - your times?

W

wee_blondie

Any guidence on what time to aim for when running? Been doing the 1.5mile regularly, best time (so far) 12.46 but getting better! I know the pass time is 13.22 but I don't want to "just pass" I want to fly and keep it up in the vain hope that it will help for basic training!

Downloaded the bleep test but not managed to run it properly yet. What level did you get to?

As if that wasn't enough - I'm currently two weeks away from my first Muay Thai fight so I'm covered in bruises and cutting weight (only a couple kgs so no big deal).

Also, are the sit ups always done with someone holding your feet? Is it just me or is that cheating???

All comments welcome!

T

Tin Tin 88

Hey :)

Did my 1.5 mile last summer, sort of july time and i smashed the time required for females - i smashed the time they wanted for blokes too tbh. it doesn't matter though, as long as you pass, it's pretty much just personal preference as to any time after that, you don't get extra marks for smashing it. The bleep test - i went from 7.4 my first week at halton, to 9.1 the week before passing out. That's your main one. They do a bleep test the first few days of starting at Halton, and depending on your results on that depends what stream you are for P.T. And yes, sit ups are done with someone holding your feet :D also, be warned press ups for females are full ones (none of this on-your-knees-girly ones lol) and you dont do it with wide hands - they have to be in line with your shoulders, a little bit odd to start with, but you will get used to it - we only have to do 10 to pass the fitness test :)

Don't know if that answers your questions or if im just blabbing on :) good luck with your app :) xx

L

littlered

Hey :)

Did my 1.5 mile last summer, sort of july time and i smashed the time required for females - i smashed the time they wanted for blokes too tbh. it doesn't matter though, as long as you pass, it's pretty much just personal preference as to any time after that, you don't get extra marks for smashing it. The bleep test - i went from 7.4 my first week at halton, to 9.1 the week before passing out. That's your main one. They do a bleep test the first few days of starting at Halton, and depending on your results on that depends what stream you are for P.T. And yes, sit ups are done with someone holding your feet :D also, be warned press ups for females are full ones (none of this on-your-knees-girly ones lol) and you dont do it with wide hands - they have to be in line with your shoulders, a little bit odd to start with, but you will get used to it - we only have to do 10 to pass the fitness test :)

Don't know if that answers your questions or if im just blabbing on :) good luck with your app :) xx

I'm still waiting to hear back from OASC which I went through over a month ago so I've been trying to keep my fitness up in hopes of good news. How many press-ups, sit-ups could you do at the beginning of Halton compared to when you passed out? I am trying to gage how much more work I have to do fitness wise so I won't struggle too much.

Do you remember what the fitness streams were and the levels get into which stream?

Thanks,