• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kabul (but not Souter) any gen

S

squipper01

Just been given my DWR for Kabul, was there in 2007.

Does anyone have up to date gen ref: BFBS etc ?

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Do you know where you are going exactly? Taipan, Hunter? KaIA?
What job you going out to do? XXXXXXXXXXXXXX squipper i'm guessing?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jocktheplumber

I'm off to Taipan next spring if anyones got any good Gen? (within reason)

J

Jocktheplumber

Bumping this up rather than start a new thread. Anyone been out ........... recently? Heading that way soon, and could do with some up to date gen (within reason)

Ta muchly

Last edited by a moderator:

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
KAIA's much as it always was, accommodation hit and miss - depends how lucky you are. Wifi poor to non-existant. Food just about palatable most days. Far too many Johnny Foreigner. Gym well equipped but first thing in the morning / middle of the night is best time to go due to how stupidly busy it gets; supposed to be max 30 minutes on any one machine - Johnny Foreigner doesnt get that. Mail gets through okay. The UK NSE is small but they do a good job, queues for internet and phones should get better now the ARCC has ripped. It's b*stard cold right now - and not forcast to get any warmer soon.

J

Jocktheplumber

KAIA's much as it always was, accommodation hit and miss - depends how lucky you are. Wifi poor to non-existant. Food just about palatable most days. Far too many Johnny Foreigner. Gym well equipped but first thing in the morning / middle of the night is best time to go due to how stupidly busy it gets; supposed to be max 30 minutes on any one machine - Johnny Foreigner doesnt get that. Mail gets through okay. The UK NSE is small but they do a good job, queues for internet and phones should get better now the ARCC has ripped. It's b*stard cold right now - and not forcast to get any warmer soon.

Surely being with jonny foreigner is miles better than being with jonny pongos!?

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Surely being with jonny foreigner is miles better than being with jonny pongos!?

You'd have thought huh? But no. You can tell a pongo to shut up when you're sleeping off your fifty-oddth night shift on the bounce, Johnny bloody Foreigner just shrugs.