• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just had medical

Hi, had my medical today at 12:20.
After all the checks the doctor told me everything
Was fine, however I had a build up of earwax in my right ear which prevented him from observing my eardrum.
He said that otex or olive oil would sort it out, I asked him what happens now and he said he was going to contact the reserve unit who are dealing with me to see if they will accept me on these grounds, or something along those lines, but everything else was in order.

Just wandering what happens now as he shook my hand and I left and it was left at that.
Will I have to attend a 2nd medical or is there a possibility that I will be accepted on my first medical.

Thank you so much for any replies.

Good afternoon,

You are better off phoning your Squadron and having a word there to be honest.

They seem to be different for every person that goes......
We've had one fail for spots on back and another for having a blister from a marathon 2 weeks prior.
From what you said all seems good to be honest, if it was me id book my self in to a GP/hygienist and get the wax removed any way (and use the warm olive oil!).

No need to worry in my humble opinion.

Good luck