• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JPA Info

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
you won't lose out on your pay as it will get back dated. Yes it is frustrating but don't take it all out on the clerks we are trying our best.

I can see what you are saying but whenever money is involved (either missing or late payments) it is not on. We know it's not YOUR fault as such but your are the POC and it is you who will take the flak.

Most of you do a great job (as with any trade it only takes one or 2 to give a bad rep) but when YOU can't do anything about it, what is the point of you being there ?

Crack on.......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P.S. last year one of the guys on our sqn was not paid for 2 months as PSF thought he had left the RAF !!!! He still came to work (had a little moan....and then got on with it), if it had been me i would have gone home and said i'll be in when you pay me...i bet i would have got it quicker !!!

I can see what you are saying but whenever money is involved (either missing or late payments) it is not on. We know it's not YOUR fault as such but your are the POC and it is you who will take the flak.

Most of you do a great job (as with any trade it only takes one or 2 to give a bad rep) but when YOU can't do anything about it, what is the point of you being there ?

Crack on.......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P.S. last year one of the guys on our sqn was not paid for 2 months as PSF thought he had left the RAF !!!! He still came to work (had a little moan....and then got on with it), if it had been me i would have gone home and said i'll be in when you pay me...i bet i would have got it quicker !!!

I agree Tashy it's not on, JPA was surposed to have solved these late payment issues, but it's made the matter worse. As for the question of what's the point of us being here if we can't solve the problem, believe you me a lot of clerks have asked the same question recently. Moral in TG17 is probably at the lowest I've seen since I joined up not only have they introduced an administration system without proper assistance and training they've cut back an already undermanned trade and have got futher cuts in the offing.

Even I've been on the receiving end of pay shortages due to a clk not doing their job (say clk had a mouthful from me then I got a trustworthy clerk to correct the mistake), my techy husband has had to embrass a clk on his sqn as the useless waste of space insisted he had done something but hadn't, as why would my husband be paying food and accom charges when he lived out. (It has taken him since July to get the matter sorted even then he had to point it out in front of the Admin SNCO and I believe one of his own line managers, I was unable to deal with the matter as it was on a different Unit, if I could I would have and it wouldn't have been me doing the action).

As for the guy not getting paid for two month's as the PSF's had thought he had left the Air Force, why didn't he kick up a real big fuss, the PSF should have got him unit paid for one and a matter of ringing up the Discharges Section at PMA (if it was before Apr) or Glasgow should have got the matter sorted within days if not within the day. Personally I would have refused to leave the PSF until something had been done (there is nothing that makes some clks work harder than a customer who will not go away).

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
As for the guy not getting paid for two month's as the PSF's had thought he had left the Air Force, why didn't he kick up a real big fuss, the PSF should have got him unit paid for one and a matter of ringing up the Discharges Section at PMA (if it was before Apr) or Glasgow should have got the matter sorted within days if not within the day. Personally I would have refused to leave the PSF until something had been done (there is nothing that makes some clks work harder than a customer who will not go away).

Wollymouse i've snipped the top bit as i think we all realise JPA is totally fecked up and everyone can (and probably will) be affected at some point.

The point with the lad on the sqn though.....he is probably one of the nicest, laid back, hard working guys (well for an armourer....but he's the only armourer we call a techie...lol) i have met....he "didn't want to cause "trouble" even though we were trying to get him to do just that. I think he did get unit paid after about 2 weeks into the first month (this was pre JPA...feb/mar) but then still got no pay the 2nd month....I would have been fuming.

Oh well....less than 13 months left for me....Crack on.......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:
Wollymouse i've snipped the top bit as i think we all realise JPA is totally fecked up and everyone can (and probably will) be affected at some point.

The point with the lad on the sqn though.....he is probably one of the nicest, laid back, hard working guys (well for an armourer....but he's the only armourer we call a techie...lol) i have met....he "didn't want to cause "trouble" even though we were trying to get him to do just that. I think he did get unit paid after about 2 weeks into the first month (this was pre JPA...feb/mar) but then still got no pay the 2nd month....I would have been fuming.

Oh well....less than 13 months left for me....Crack on.......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I would have been fuming to. Two month's to sort out something like that was unacceptable and as for the guy having to wait two weeks for a Unit payment that is seriously unacceptable it only takes 10-15 minutes for the necessary action for a unit payment to be made and 3 days for the BAC's payment to clear so what the hell were the PSF staff doing.

Why is all this not surprising me. JPA not paying people who are still in the Air Farce but they are also paying people who haven't even signed on the dotted line yet.

W

WorsethanJPA

Army Dates For Jpa Rollout

Army Dates For Jpa Rollout

Well the news is out, the Army boys/girls are coming on line. We have shut down from the 13th-25th Mar 07, deep joy!!

In my personal experience, the RN rollout went fine where we were. I headed a team of 3 - myself and two RN boys who were attached to us and they were a great help as we had to look after 3 RAF stations and numerous lodger units!!!

However the Army is a different kettle of fish and I for one am waiting with baited breath.
What do my fellow shinys think about the Army JPA rollout?

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Well the news is out, the Army boys/girls are coming on line. We have shut down from the 13th-25th Mar 07, deep joy!!

In my personal experience, the RN rollout went fine where we were. I headed a team of 3 - myself and two RN boys who were attached to us and they were a great help as we had to look after 3 RAF stations and numerous lodger units!!!

However the Army is a different kettle of fish and I for one am waiting with baited breath.
What do my fellow shinys think about the Army JPA rollout?

I feel quite sorry for the Army in all this. They've sat back and watched the fall-out for the last year and are, quite understandibly, quite perturbed by what they've seen. An RE WO2, who works in our place, has said that the educated classes are dreading it, but what about the Infantry? Do you think they'll accept "it's nothing to do with us - speak to your Unit HR"? - I hardly think so. Try telling them when they're in Iraq/Afghan et al, that they won't get paid due to computer glitches, etc - blood will flow in Kentigern I can tell you! How will they access it? - it's not as if every soldier's going to have access to a terminal. They, like us, are having it forced upon them whether they like it or not without any proper forethought.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I feel quite sorry for the Army in all this. They've sat back and watched the fall-out for the last year and are, quite understandibly, quite perturbed by what they've seen. An RE WO2, who works in our place, has said that the educated classes are dreading it, but what about the Infantry? Do you think they'll accept "it's nothing to do with us - speak to your Unit HR"? - I hardly think so. Try telling them when they're in Iraq/Afghan et al, that they won't get paid due to computer glitches, etc - blood will flow in Kentigern I can tell you! How will they access it? - it's not as if every soldier's going to have access to a terminal. They, like us, are having it forced upon them whether they like it or not without any proper forethought.

I can't wait for Army rollout. I'm working with the Welsh Guards right now and their preparations for JPA are laughable at best. All the clerks have been told they have to give a presentation on one aspect of JPA. There is a handful of RAF and RN here - how many have been asked for advice? None. How many Army clerks have taken the opportunity to see what JPA looks like? You've got it - none.

I remain convinced that a year after Army rollout, the whole system will either be drastically overhauled, or scrapped completely. I know where my vote is going!!

I recently spoke with an Army Officer (what's me a mere pleb you may ask speaking to one of them! don't ask me I just answered the phone and helped answer a couple of questions) from one of their training establishments, who said they are s**ting themselves over it. I didn't know he was an officer 'honest guv' until we had been talking for about 5 mins, he didn't sound like an officer (must have been an off day for him!), and we had quite an entertaining chat. (That's my Tri-Service bit done for 2007, damn no it isn't we've got them visiting next week to see how we use JPA on new recruits).