• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Job Related Qualifications

M

mcdoodle

I've been in the trade for quite some time now, about 12 years now, and I've just realised that I don't have a job related qualification worth a to$$ (I have a few Q- annotations etc.), my own fault I know!
Ive had a look around and there are a few courses out there, but what would be a decent qualification to reflect my trade in the civvie world?

thanks muchly

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I suggest if you want to go civvy airline ops have a look at the courses run by Avtech 2000.

The Airline Operations & Dispatch, Airport Operations and Economics & Management exams are all industry recognised and attract an AIP and you can pay for them with your ELC as well.

Don't think they are easy though, because they are not.

M

mcdoodle

Thanks Fomz, I've looked at avtech2000 before, they seem to run pretty decent courses.
Would it make a diifence if my current posting is not strictly 'in trade' do you think?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Nope. You will need to do an assesment to see what tyour knowledge level is. If its not at the required standard, you will need to do the foundation course.... which may benefit you in the long run as that is industry recognised as well.

I'm doing Airline Ops and Dispatch and tbh, there are bits of it that are pretty hard if you have no AT background.

M

mcdoodle

Fomz, how long do you think it will take you to complete the course?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Depends which course you do, how much study you put in etc etc etc. About 18 months as a rough guess.....

U

urhavingalaugh

I tried to get funding for the Avtech 2000 course but was denied as my actual post didn't qualify for all the parts even though a good few of the sections are relevant and the rst i have had experience. How ever TDF Clerk was an ex-air trafficker so an expert in the ops role obviously :pDT_Xtremez_25:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I tried to get funding for the Avtech 2000 course but was denied as my actual post didn't qualify for all the parts even though a good few of the sections are relevant and the rst i have had experience. How ever TDF Clerk was an ex-air trafficker so an expert in the ops role obviously :pDT_Xtremez_25:

You'll have to either use an ELC or fork out yourself mate.......

U

urhavingalaugh

I was enquiring about using ELC but it has tob job related :pDT_Xtremez_42:.

It costs a fair amount to fork out meself not sure the chief accountant would approve those funds :pDT_Xtremez_14:.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
They are talking out of their hoop then mate. Feel free to use me as a case to point if you want another stab. If you use your ELC, you'll have to fork out about £190 quid or so. Give Avtech a ring and they'll give you all the gen. I know of at least 5 TG9 guys and gals doing the course at the moment using their ELC.