• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jever

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant
Going back a bit now, but does anyone recall going on detachment to Jever in Northern Germany ??

A massive shed-on that was something to do with flying the northern "corridor" into Berlin. Plenty of NATO cameraderie, out on the lash with Cloggies, Belgians, Canadians everynight. Swapped all my uniform, came back to Gut' looking like an explosion in the Army Navy Shop.

We used to go for a month at a time every year. The Queen's Pub, County Disco (with hydraulic dancefloor), Nelson's to name but a few.

1dm a beer (on Rates !!)in the Unteroffizier's Club, get trollied on base & then hit the town at midnight. Repeat another 29 times & go home. Hamburg & Wilhelmshaven on the weekend.

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I did a TLP in Jever in 91 ish.

Remember the beer academy but cannot remember what we got to, only remember making all the yanks pass out before midnight then waking up sat on the loo at 0630.

Good times :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Odie

Sergeant
I remember people talking about the Beer Academy in Jever, but I didn't go.

Memories of TLP. :pDT_Xtremez_28: I'm a Zapfmeister of the Bier Akademie and still have the certificate to prove it. :pDT_Xtremez_30: I remember getting back to the gate of the base in the early hours and promptly chucking up over the boots of the guard. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Memories of TLP. :pDT_Xtremez_28: I'm a Zapfmeister of the Bier Akademie and still have the certificate to prove it. :pDT_Xtremez_30: I remember getting back to the gate of the base in the early hours and promptly chucking up over the boots of the guard. :pDT_Xtremez_35:
Don't forget to put that on your CV! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Mustang

Corporal
Jever

Did a tour there from Jul 79 (when it started) to Dec 81. A truly magic tour. Did the Jever brewery, a real musical p1ss up, complete with German Navy band.

In between courses we had the mandatory BBQs and trips to the Commissary in Bremerhaven (on duty).

Mustang

Corporal
Jever

Al1 to my last.

I remember on one particular course we had a detachement of Lightnings from Binbrook (I think) and some Belgian F104s. One of the RAF pilots was something of a cowboy as was one of the Belgians. These 2 tried to outdo each other, one incident involved both flying over the village of Schortens, which is on Jevers extended centreline. Flying over Schortens was VERBOTEN. End result, quiet chat with the TLP CO, a GAF Lt Col called Hans Hartl, he quietly explained any further such stunts would result in him pulling their nuts off and stamping on them. Problem solved. Until the last day of the course; one Lightning and one BAF F104 flew very low over Schortens with the burners on. The Mayor went spastic, the base commander went spastic, Lt Hartl just smiled.

T

Tony The Tiger

Ahh Jever

The best detatchment of all

1 trip per day if the yanks said the weather was OK

I still have the glass from Jever very nice to drink from.

I still remember the Curry in the Block bar/kitchen It stank for ages LOL