• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It was 20 years ago today......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soupdragon

Piermaster
well ok, it was 40 actually, yesterday... but you get the idea...

anyone watch the programme on BBC last night with a load of todays top bands recording tracks from the Sgt Pepper album?

BBC R2 linky

thought Travis did an excellent version of Lovely Rita and the Frays 'Fixing a hole' was outstanding.. 'She's leaving home' bought a tear to my eye (as it always does)

Mind you, using the original recording equipment was a bit of a trial for them.... analogue 4 track mono gear compared with todays high powered desks and techniques..

Thought it was quite funny that The Stereophonics had rehearsed the wrong track..

M

mad_mo

Did anyone ever hear the album produced by George Martin called " In my life "

It had Jim Carrey singing " I am the Walrus " and what a blinding version it was!.

Others on the album were :

1. Come Together - George Martin, Bobby McFerrin, Robin Williams
2. Hard Day's Night - Goldie Hawn, George Martin
3. Day in the Life - Jeff Beck, George Martin
4. Here, There and Everywhere - Celine Dion, George Martin
5. Because - George Martin, Vanessa-Mae
6. I Am the Walrus - Jim Carrey, George Martin
7. Here Comes the Sun - George Martin, John Williams
8. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - Billy Connolly, George Martin
9. Pepperland Suite: Pepperland/March of the Meanies/Sea of Monsters/Peppe - George Martin
10. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End - Phil Collins, George Martin
11. Friends and Lovers - George Martin
12. In My Life - Sean Connery, George Martin

Last edited:

flintwich

Corporal
How long ago?

How long ago?

well ok, it was 40 actually, yesterday... but you get the idea...

anyone watch the programme on BBC last night with a load of todays top bands recording tracks from the Sgt Pepper album?

BBC R2 linky

thought Travis did an excellent version of Lovely Rita and the Frays 'Fixing a hole' was outstanding.. 'She's leaving home' bought a tear to my eye (as it always does)

Mind you, using the original recording equipment was a bit of a trial for them.... analogue 4 track mono gear compared with todays high powered desks and techniques..

Thought it was quite funny that The Stereophonics had rehearsed the wrong track..

If you listen to the song, it was 20 years ago in 1967 making it 60 years ago this year!!!!!!

Rikster

Sergeant
Did anyone ever hear the album produced by George Martin called " In my life "

It had Jim Carrey singing " I am the Walrus " and what a blinding version it was!.

Others on the album were :

1. Come Together - George Martin, Bobby McFerrin, Robin Williams
2. Hard Day's Night - Goldie Hawn, George Martin
3. Day in the Life - Jeff Beck, George Martin
4. Here, There and Everywhere - Celine Dion, George Martin
5. Because - George Martin, Vanessa-Mae
6. I Am the Walrus - Jim Carrey, George Martin
7. Here Comes the Sun - George Martin, John Williams
8. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - Billy Connolly, George Martin
9. Pepperland Suite: Pepperland/March of the Meanies/Sea of Monsters/Peppe - George Martin
10. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End - Phil Collins, George Martin
11. Friends and Lovers - George Martin
12. In My Life - Sean Connery, George Martin

Far from "Blinding" but I can't help but like Oasis' version of " I am the Walrus"

Status
Not open for further replies.