• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IOT starting dates

X

XCdrummer

Hello,

I'm assuming this has come up countless times before so sorry for covering old ground but I'm struggling to find when IOT courses start. I've looked on a few websites/forums and have found different information. When researching on the RAF website I found out information about the branch I'm applying for (Pilot) and the length of time each stage would take in terms of weeks/flying hours but I've struggled to find out the length of time between each stage.

I basically just want to know how many IOT courses there are a year and if they start at set times.

One source said there are 8 courses a year and another said there are 4/5 depending upon when the actual start dates fall. Both seem feasible to me so I don't know which one to believe.

Any clarification on the matter would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

R

Reformed Scribbly

There are around 4/5 a year, I cannot give you precise dates and in all honesty there is not much point even if I did know them. There are an incredible amount of factors involved in getting someone through the recruiting and selection process, especially in the current climate. each case is looked at on an individual basis by OASC, so what happened for one candidate may not necessarily happen for the next.

Plan for the process to take 6-12 months from starting your application to arriving at IOT, all things going well with your application.

It took me 11 months, so don't quit the day job just yet, start learning about our bases, planes, units and operations. Make sure at interview that you can demonstrate that you are capable of responsibility and teamwork and start working on your fitness.

Good luck with the application.