• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Int Officer - Eyesight.

V

Voiceop

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

Just a quick introduction, I'm a (V) and although I've been a member on here for a while now, I've always just lurked around as a lot of stuff on here didn't really affect me, (I lived in hope though).

Anyway, I note with interest, that someone mentioned that INTO's no longer have to attend the Imagery course. Is this gospel?
The reason I ask is that I suffer from a lack of Stereoscopic vision, and as such, commission as an Int Officer was never open to me, although with a (now profound) knowledge of several langauges of interest, I always thought that a little short-sighted (no pun intended).

My main question is... if Int Officers are no longer required to do imagery analysis as a matter of course, have the eyesight requirements been changed to reflect this?

Any help would, of course, be gratefully appreciated.

Yes, eyesight restrictions have been lifted.

No need for IntOs to be PIs but some still do the course if going to an imagery job.

Stereo vision is not a requirement.

Hope that helps.

:pDT_Xtremez_44:

E

Ex-CSA(v)

Eyes-sight test bah

Eyes-sight test bah

I was told when I went for my PC that I would never see in stereo as my eyesight was sooooooo bad, so I let them send me ATC!!!!! Fortunately I failed and asked to sit the Int imagery tests just to see. After getting 90+% the branch sponsor waived the eye-sight requirements tehre and then, and the rest is infamy!!!!! I did 2 tours at the big J, one of which as an imagery SME!!:raf: