• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Instrutor duties - Any advice out there?

feckinG RANT

Corporal
Thinking about trying to get a job as a Phase 3 instructor (thats not basic or trade), has any one got any advice?

What I don't want to do is apply for instructor duties and leave myself open to the mercies of the drafter!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Thinking about trying to get a job as a Phase 3 instructor (thats not basic or trade), has any one got any advice?

What I don't want to do is apply for instructor duties and leave myself open to the mercies of the drafter!
Well if it's not basic or trade then just what exactly is it you want to Instruct? 'cos there's not much else

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
I think he's referring to J/I/AMLC type stuff. Just write across the top of your application what you want to do and bang it in.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Phase 3 is basically OJT or line training.

Depending on your trade and where you work this varies but generally you apply for the job locally on your Sqn or section rather than applying for 'Phase 3 instructor duties'

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Well if it's not basic or trade then just what exactly is it you want to Instruct? 'cos there's not much else

I would imagine there is also posts in HaMS, TMS etc that fall under this banner Hu, aircraft type training (is that Phase 3?).

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I would imagine there is also posts in HaMS, TMS etc that fall under this banner Hu, aircraft type training (is that Phase 3?).

Thanks for that Monty but they are also "Trade Training" the only non trade mentioned so far is J/I/AMLC...........

Phase 3 trade training also includes TMT/ATSC MSAT all number of Pre-employment courses, aircraft type schools such as TMS & HaMs so like Tommo said you need to be clear on your application form exactly what you are after. You also need to make sure your JPA areas of choice match areas/units where that type of work is done

Hu

feckinG RANT

Corporal
I'm on about Q course schools etc, got it wrong about the phase etc. I know you still have to apply for instructor duties to do this.

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thinking about trying to get a job as a Phase 3 instructor (thats not basic or trade), has any one got any advice? What I don't want to do is apply for instructor duties and leave myself open to the mercies of the drafter!

As others have said if you rule out basics and trade it don't leave a lot to pick from FR. However have a look at this old (ish) thread for more info

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4830

Another queston to ask yourself what qualifications can you bring to the party to enhance your chances of being selected for the duties you require.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for that Monty but they are also "Trade Training" the only non trade mentioned so far is J/I/AMLC...........

Phase 3 trade training also includes TMT/ATSC MSAT all number of Pre-employment courses, aircraft type schools such as TMS & HaMs so like Tommo said you need to be clear on your application form exactly what you are after. You also need to make sure your JPA areas of choice match areas/units where that type of work is done

Hu

Sorry mate I think I misread the original question (or was it not worded well - that's my excuse! :pDT_Xtremez_28:).

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Phase 3 is basically OJT or line training.

Depending on your trade and where you work this varies but generally you apply for the job locally on your Sqn or section rather than applying for 'Phase 3 instructor duties'
Not quite my good man. I am a phase 2 instructor who just so happens to indulge in line training.

However this may soon just change into 15 days of refuel and possibly some marshalling if certain knockes of the cock have their way. Just don't blame me when you get $hit AMMs coming your way sometime soon. 15 DAYS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Not quite my good man. I am a phase 2 instructor who just so happens to indulge in line training.

However this may soon just change into 15 days of refuel and possibly some marshalling if certain knockes of the cock have their way. Just don't blame me when you get $hit AMMs coming your way sometime soon. 15 DAYS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Phase 2 is Trade Training, the fact you are on LTF (T26, etc etc) is not what I meant by 'Line Training' You, as a phase 2 instructor teach them how a generic line works and open their eyes to the big wide world of live aircraft, Line training on the Squadrons should just be teaching them the peculiarities and safety features of an aircraft type. Should not be at the same depth.

Chopping LTF would be criminally negligent. I remember when a colleague of mine was being assesed for his Cert Ed, his assesor was astounded that we subjected the little darlings to live aircraft with spinny bits which would take their heads clean off if they fcucked up. Apparently you can teach anything in a completely safe manner with simulations (so when do you let them loose then?) Sounds like somebody similar has found employment at Cosford?

By the way, that colour really REALLY hurts.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Weebl

Sorry but I just couldn't resist with your "line training" comment. If the colour hurts then it's doing it's job, but I ain't going to change it for a dyslexic yellow on blue background for anyone.

Anyone fancy a job line training as it seems we need some new morale thanks to our management. Hu, how do you fancy a change of scenery? Perhaps our sections could merge thus negating the need for someone who I think we both hold in low regard as he is a complete ****** .

J

(JR)

Just go for any instructor duties for phase 2 and phase 3, appart from the training issues it makes a nice change to find out the views of the those who are now joining, the work can get a bit same same at times but when you have to deal with the different characters that end up in your class room it can and does get to be a lot of fun.

W

Wonky Tonka

What's wrong with phase 1 training?

Don't hear of many people wanting that gig

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Basic Trade Training is alot of fun, you just need to find the line for the class your taking. They are sponges and will take in most of what you say.

But if a Basic leaves after 9 months of training and remembers a little of the training and advice that I give, then I've done my job.

So far so good. Some have come back and said "by the way you were right with....."

Studley :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

W

Wonky Tonka

Worried? Nah, just don't blame me for the next 3yrs worth of sprogs:pDT_Xtremez_42: