• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Incidental Expenses

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Does Incidental Expenses still exist? I ask because due to an unexpected hospital stay I had to claim some prescription charges, one of the dropdown options was IE which triggered a memory of an update around 2011 when IE was basically for when you were in hospital. I have had a quick check of JSP 752 but can't see anything.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Was on JSP 752 the last few days off .gov.uk website. IE is still there (look at the costings charts near the start of the JSP) and sure their is an asterisk for the IE table explaining for hospital stays only.

JPJ83

SAC
ONLY now exists for the use of hospital inpatients. Gone are the days when you could claim your fiver for just going away for the day.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I pay £24 a month for a joint policy with medicash. They pay £100 each for dental £100 for optician and £30 a night for a hospital stay after the first night. I get more out than I pay in.