• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm a "new boy" here.

A

Arni

Hello to all, and a merry Xmas etc.

Just joined E-Goat, nice thriving community you have here.
Must say hello to my old mate "Wobbly" who runs this site.
We were at Benson together, and had some great ****-ups.

Also Hi to "Mr Beef" George Dobie, my old 16 Sqn chum, who helps me run the 16 Sqn forum that Wobbs has kindly put a link to on this site.

Although I am civvie now, I am still interested in how the RAF life is continuing. I work for a motorsport company (Dont hide it Arni, Williams F1 team - Wobbly) and the chaps there do have a similar sense of humour and ****-take attitude that has to be adhered to in the services. I work abroad a lot, so it is like going on det' 19 times a year for me.

All the best.

Arni

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pool and Darts

Hi Arni,

Welcome and merry xmas.

I am new here too. Seems like a bit of fun.
Haven't done too much digging around so don't know what is out there. I'm sure there is something to interest us both!

Mate of mine works for Williams too. He used to be a rigger at Benson. Won't give out his name (beadwindow) but he is a yorkshireman,wears glasses, has a five year old daughter and his wife is from manchester! And he's a dirty Leeds fan. PM me if you need more clues!!

Anyway, glad I'm not the only new boy on the block!

See ya around!

PnD

T

The Controller

Well...a jolly BIG E-Goat welcome (and a Merry Christmas) to both of you!

A

Arni

Cheers PnD, and thanks Wobb's for editing my post :) ...git.

There are five ex-RAF peeps at WF1, me being one. The chap you mention - I think could be Andre, was he TQF?

Roger beadwindow, out.

beer

SAC
Arni

You'd make a crap spy! "Mr Beef" isn't on this site but his 'mate' beer is!

Get it right next time you zoid! Whats this little website of your's then?

Cheers

Bee.. oops 'beer' :cool:

A

Arni

Mr Beef/Beer (Wobb's - cx his name to Beef if poss')

Your web savvy gets better every day. I see you have custom avatar. Ding Dong.
Good choice of A/C I see.

The web-site you seek info for is the 16 Squadron - Ex-members site:
http://www.arni.co.uk/16sqn/
...but as you are a forum moderator/dominator you prolly know already :)

This website recently organised a reunion for ex-members of 16 Sqn in Chippenham on 28th October '05.

Attendance was made-up of SAC's to Sqn Ldr.
Good turn out (no puns please).

T

Tigger

Mate of mine works for Williams too. He used to be a rigger at Benson. Won't give out his name (beadwindow) but he is a yorkshireman,wears glasses, has a five year old daughter and his wife is from manchester! And he's a dirty Leeds fan. PM me if you need more clues!!

Did he work in the rects bay in PASF ? Used to race a GSXR 600 at weekends ?
Joined Williams on some kind of apprenticeship thing.

Dave