• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignoring

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I know how to put someone on ignore, but why can I not put moderators (or one in particular) on ignore.

The moderator in question (IMHO) doesn't moderate, merely shit stirs, belittles and generally argues black is white with certain posters. I don't want to see his views. I don't want to see his "witty" replies. I don't care what his opinion is on any matter.

How can I switch him off whilst still enjoying banter and debate with others on here?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I await being corrected by the all knowing geeks. However as far as I understand due to the nature of the software we now use it is not possible for individuals to "ignore" MOD's. The software can only allow you to ignore other members.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Perhaps Mods could have different IDs to their user ones when they act in a moderator role. (Moderator1, 2, 3 etc)?

It would also prevent the general rif-raf from knowing which mod has moderated the posts/threads. My understanding is that a moderator is supposed to step in when it gets too heated and personal (like Downsizer did on the Boris thread). Justintime was being bullied on there, and despite the best efforts of one moderator to remove stuff, it was getting very personal.

I appreciate that moderators have opinions, but they also have responsibilities. Be the better man!