• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If i fail to become WSOP

A

akcarberry

Ever since i have been interested in joining the RAF there has been two roles that i have been interested in. These are WSOP and Regiment Gunner. I have decided to apply for my primary choice of WSOP and i am in the early stages, just got a date for my Part 1 presentation at the AFCO. I would like to know if i fail the application for WSOP at OASC stage (i am confident i will pass everything before this) can i apply for the Regiment. I've heard you can only retrade up a trade so is it possible to apply for Regiment Gunner, and will i have to do the fitness and medical and interview again?

H

heyflygirl

I've heard you can only retrade up a trade so is it possible to apply for Regiment Gunner, and will i have to do the fitness and medical and interview again?

Where have you heard that from? If you fail for a trade, they aren't going to say "right, you failed for this, why not go for something higher..?" Wheres the logic?

Don't be too cocky about your filter interview etc. I was sure I would do well, but was told that my confidence would let me down during OASC, so recommended going for another trade and then go for commission.
You may have all the knowledge for the questions, like I did, but theres more than that they ask for.

Asbach

LAC
Ever since i have been interested in joining the RAF there has been two roles that i have been interested in. These are WSOP and Regiment Gunner. I have decided to apply for my primary choice of WSOP and i am in the early stages, just got a date for my Part 1 presentation at the AFCO. I would like to know if i fail the application for WSOP at OASC stage (i am confident i will pass everything before this) can i apply for the Regiment. I've heard you can only retrade up a trade so is it possible to apply for Regiment Gunner, and will i have to do the fitness and medical and interview again?

If you fail the application for WSOP at OASC stage you have not yet joined the RAF. Therefore you are free to apply for whatever you wish, including Gunner. If you then apply for Gunner you will process as every other gunner does... the application processes are different, in that, for WSOP you will attend a Presentation and an interview in the AFCO and then, if successful, your processing may be taken on by OASC. Applying for Gunner, all processing (med/interview/AST etc) up to PGAC stage is undertaken by the AFCO.

Good Luck with your application!